New feature idea - get to convince the transfer target your club is the right club

Hi I got one new idea for SI -

When a manager is about to sign a new player, he gets to TALK to the player in order to :

(1) see if the player fit into his own team

(2) to lurk the player joining his club.

at the moment, things are quite clear cut and simple when comes to transfer - u made a bid, the better offer, the bigger club usually will get the man they wanted.

in real life, it may be a bit more complicated than that.

my idea is - when the selling club accepting a bid from the buying club, the buying club manager will get a chance to talk to the player. The player will have the option to ask questions like:

(1) what position are you planning to play me? (a central AM may only want to play his favourite in the hole role rather than being to ask playing wide)

(2) what is your (the manager)'s plan and ambition for the club?

(3) what style of your team is going to play?

(4) the manager will also have the option to GUARANTEE how many GAMES the new signing is going to get in his first season.

Likewise, the manger could also use the opportunity to check out the personality of the player to see if he really suits his plan.

this way, it will allow bidding clubs with a smaller status to outbid a bigger club.

for example, when Arsenal and Man U both bidding for Aaron Ramsey at the start of last season, obviously in terms of club reputation, and finanical status, Man U were better, yet Arsenal won the player probably due to the conversation Wenger had with Ramsey.

personally i think it would be more fun for the game if they have this new feature, making the transfer bidding war more interesting. cos let's face it, apart from the match itself, the TRANSFER is the part the gamers enjoy most!

Yep this should be part of the game as It how it happens in real life, Which FM try to copy but fail alot of the time, dont think this would be to hard to emulate.The transfer system needs to be updated as it's been the same for to long.

Great post wingz47

Hi I got one new idea for SI -

When a manager is about to sign a new player, he gets to TALK to the player in order to :

(1) see if the player fit into his own team

(2) to lurk the player joining his club.

at the moment, things are quite clear cut and simple when comes to transfer - u made a bid, the better offer, the bigger club usually will get the man they wanted.

in real life, it may be a bit more complicated than that.

my idea is - when the selling club accepting a bid from the buying club, the buying club manager will get a chance to talk to the player. The player will have the option to ask questions like:

(1) what position are you planning to play me? (a central AM may only want to play his favourite in the hole role rather than being to ask playing wide)

(4) the manager will also have the option to GUARANTEE how many GAMES the new signing is going to get in his first season.

Likewise, the manger could also use the opportunity to check out the personality of the player to see if he really suits his plan.

this way, it will allow bidding clubs with a smaller status to outbid a bigger club.

for example, when Arsenal and Man U both bidding for Aaron Ramsey at the start of last season, obviously in terms of club reputation, and finanical status, Man U were better, yet Arsenal won the player probably due to the conversation Wenger had with Ramsey.

personally i think it would be more fun for the game if they have this new feature, making the transfer bidding war more interesting. cos let's face it, apart from the match itself, the TRANSFER is the part the gamers enjoy most!

Good ideas, post this in the wishlist thread :thup:

Ive mentioned this before (not to steal any thunder) and still thinks its a great idea. There have been many examples of managers talks with a player swaying the players view and he would end up joing the smaller club. Alan Shearer for example.

Wishlist thread please! This is a great idea, and would be dependent on factors such as success, reputation of the manager, etc. I would really like this, would give me a better chance of signing players when other big clubs come in for the same ones if you have built up enough success

Sounds a really good idea in theory but it might become very boring very quickly, like the press conferences.

Would be a huge benefit maybe in the lower leagues especially if there is an older player just wanting to play games and he is part of your first team plans all season.

Should be very easy for SI to implement, getting it to work properly will be another million posts on people complaining and another load of people getting very bored indeed and getting their assistant manager to do all the work.

I like the idea.

Maybe also include some other factors:

* The morale of your team and your reputation of managing the squad (new players like to come to a friendly environment)

* If you for example are trying to convince a young player, if you and your team is known to give young players lots of chances, he will be more willing to join

The player will have the option to ask questions like:

This is something I mentioned time ago, but at the manager. When you meet a chairman to get a job (or he wants to meet you) he asks you some similar things: style of play, formation, turnover, important player to play always/often or to sell immediately, ambition, youngs in first team and so on.

Let me say: what you write is ok (maybe there's some other game with a similar feature...) but when you propose new feature you have to look at ALL the user can do.

So...what if I lie in all of those questions?

1) if he's not playing in that position as i said? what is the number/percentage of played games to make the player happy?

2) if I say the player that (next year I suppose) I want to get in the first ten league position but at the chairman that I can win the league, and if I'm in league position seven? Do then chairman and player promise be the same? Do the promise be just for the next year or for the contract length?

3) what if i don't play the style i said? what if i play a different style but i win and play a nice soccer? Should then those (every) promise have a priority list for every player in the database? this mean a long and more difficult work for researcher (and for cpu/ram performance).

4) what if i don't guarantee X games played? is there some rescission clause? if i guarantee x-1 or x-2 games? of course there should be official plays, not exhibition/friendly.

I repeat: idea is good.

But even the pre-match interviews were amazing, if presented here in the forum. Developing in the game is a different thing.

I am with bsmaff on this, it will get boring quickly.

Don't forget that one of these things are already in the game. The squad status you promise your new player when offering a contract.

Giving a player a first team or key player contract will send the signal to the player that you intend to use him allot. So that will serve the same function as telling the player of how much you intend to use him.

I recently started a new save with AC Milan and failed to bring in a new recruit on 150 000€/rotation contract. Instead he decided to take the Atletico Madrid offer of 99 000€/First team contract.

So squad status does matter and that could be applied to your Ramsey example. Perhaps Wenger offered a better team role for Ramsey then Ferguson did.

Well, now I'm thinking on...might have some bonus/malus or plus/minus (public/evident to the user) regarding a transfer.

Bonus

+ Easy to get a shirt on the pitch

+ Team Prestige

+ Recent Team Success

+ High Quality Team Squad

+ Financial Stability

+ Rich Salary

+ Appreciated Manager

+ Team Market Transfert Positive (when you buy strong player....might to lead to the feature to announce a buy before the end of the season, might be useful to save your bench :) ?)

+ Important Key Role given to a player by the club

+ Excellent Locker Room Situation

Malus

- Too much concurrency in playing position

- Not competitive team

- Anonymous Team

- Recent Failure

- Ugly Manager

- Most Important Players are leaving

- Locker room is burning

So squad status does matter and that could be applied to your Ramsey example. Perhaps Wenger offered a better team role for Ramsey then Ferguson did.

You think Wenger offered him Hot Prospect and Ferguson Decent Young Player and this swayed him? :p

ok so some people think this could get boring quick, but it could be in the setting that a member of the board or someone similar does this part for ou if you get fed up, I think it would work if you wanted to get certain players,but if you dont want to do it leave I to someone higher up in the club.

Every aspect of the game can get boring so it's no reason not to put a good idea in it.

Malus

- Ugly Manager

I know this may have been lost in translation so this is going to be very curel, but I had to laugh :D

TigerJoe etc: The Wishlist thread is for list ideas. This is one idea. Therefore, it should have a thread of it's own, as per:

Suggestions for future versions

Individual ideas on one subject should be posted in their own topic. Please name your topics sensibly and give an indication of what it is about. If you want to list ideas then please use this Wishlist topic. You can view some current suggestions here

Very good idea much like press conferences were last year, but i find the press conferences getting annoyiny too fast, and i fear this feature could go down the same route, but we all know new features are tweaked so lets hope press conferences are tweaked and that the developers team will take it into account for this feature

personally i don't think it will end up like press conference and be as boring. cos the press conference last a WHOLE SEASON LONG. while this feature would only apply when u try to sign a player, so it will either be in the summer or during January.

It would get pretty boring every off-season. Especially for players that you knew were going to sign for you anyway, but you had to sit through a boring couple of what would essentially be an extra press conference (I don't see how else they'd implement it).

I've seen someone elsewhere suggest that the game track how well the managers bring through youth talent (perhaps tracking how often the U-21 players in your squad, or maybe the hot prospects, get game time) to generate a "belief in youth" stat or something. It would be useful for getting the AI Managers liek Wenegr to continue to buy youth, and also for putting in the Ramsey effect.

If you made squad harmony a factor also, this would pretty much cover every instance in which a player has signed for an inferior club (they already do it if they particularly like the inferior club or its manager).

Player conversations would be handy if they gave you some further idea of your players personality stats, but they'd still get boring.

It would get pretty boring every off-season. Especially for players that you knew were going to sign for you anyway, but you had to sit through a boring couple of what would essentially be an extra press conference (I don't see how else they'd implement it).

I've seen someone elsewhere suggest that the game track how well the managers bring through youth talent (perhaps tracking how often the U-21 players in your squad, or maybe the hot prospects, get game time) to generate a "belief in youth" stat or something. It would be useful for getting the AI Managers liek Wenegr to continue to buy youth, and also for putting in the Ramsey effect.

If you made squad harmony a factor also, this would pretty much cover every instance in which a player has signed for an inferior club (they already do it if they particularly like the inferior club or its manager).

Player conversations would be handy if they gave you some further idea of your players personality stats, but they'd still get boring.

That's a much better idea tbh.

What about "competition for places"? For example, if Club A have four centre backs with a squad status of "first team" or above, but Club B don't have any, then a centre back offered a "first team" spot is going to be more inclined for Club B, because despite the identical squad statuses, he'll actually get more playing time at Club B?

But this aspect should be in the game, FM try to make the game as real as possible.

So does any manger sign players that they or someone from the club do not meet 1st?

There is no feature in FM to show that in any way.

But this aspect should be in the game, FM try to make the game as real as possible.

So does any manger sign players that they or someone from the club do not meet 1st?

There is no feature in FM to show that in any way.

Actually, there is. It's called "negotiating the contract".

People complain about press conferences being repetitive. This will be the same. And we can cut out the boring section by having it based on other factors.

• 4 months later...

I've been directed here by Da_Funk as I posted a similar idea in the wishlist thread.

For those who say it will get boring, I don't think it should be presented as a Q&A/press conference style, as I agree that will get boring. Instead the current contract offer screen should include more options.

At the moment we have Squad Staus, Salary, Contract Length and Bonuses. Each of which by default show what the player wants.

I propose there should be further drop-down filters for new areas (and again each of this will by default show what the player wants).

So, for instance, there could be a drop-down filter for "Preferred Playing Position", and the options could be:

* No preference

* Any Accomplished

* Any Competent

* Specific Position

Also, if the squad status is set as hot prospect or youngster then there could be a drop-down filter called "Expected Progression into 1st Team", and the options could be:

* Within a year

* 1-2 years

* 3-4 years

* 4 + years

I hope this makes sense, I'm pretty sure drop-down filters could be designed for most non-financial issues that occur during transfer talks. They key to this will be making sure it's all in one screen (i.e. the current 'contract offer' screen, which should be renamed to 'player negotiation').

Archived