"I am delighted with his performance!"

I know Archie Thompson has the record (this result made me look if it was possible), but I was pretty impressed with this. I actually started to think the game had glitched and broke:

8goalsingame.png

In case it is too small on your screen, the goal times are:

Pina (8, 15, 20, 32, 42, 45, 56, 70)

His stats for the game:

gamestats.png

Here I was just trying to show his 10.0 rating he got for the game. His stats are:

18 14 1 2 2 0 9 6 5 0 3 3 0 5 0 10 8 6.6km 93 10.0 8

Two goals were scored from corners, two he connected with free kicks and the rest as either crosses or him driving on goal:

matchfollowup.png

Anyone have a better first half? This certainly beat my previous 4 goals in one game record. :D

Easy win there, wp. I've not had anyone score as many as 8 in a game for me on FM09, most I've managed is 4 I think, all in the 1st half.

Ha. Thanks. I was a 5.0 to 1.57 odds on favourite (or something close to that) so I was expecting a win... not a blow-out. After he scored 6 in the first half, I was thinking I should sub him since I'd already clinched a playoff berth and had some important cup games coming up.

Then I reconsidered because I was curious how many he would bag.

You've shrunk the pictures, they're too small to read

Hmm... I chose the 640 x 480 setting (for message boards). Admittedly they are small on my screen too, but I thought it was because I was running a much higher resolution. I'll edit the first post to clarify the goal times.

Archived