Do older players with low CA reach their PA??

I was just wondering, for example, a player like Vicente at Valencia who is 25 has a PA of 184 yet his CA is CA is 157. If I bought him is there any way that he would ever reach that or near to that PA? The same goes for other players eg. Rosicky Age 26 CA 165 PA 178, Owen CA 165 PA 185 or Duff CA 149 PA 177.

My feeling is that (rightly) these players have had their abilites reduced to represent their current standing in real life, however I would hope that they would still be able to capture their past form and return to their PA. If not then there's not much point in me buying them!

i've had problems with this aswell.

I had Galvan from about the age of 18 his PA is a -10 i believe and at 21 hes still pretty crap when it comes to attributes :/

I have top training facilities and Excellant youth facilities :/

Originally posted by DrEdwierd:

i've had problems with this aswell.

I had Galvan from about the age of 18 his PA is a -10 i believe and at 21 hes still pretty crap when it comes to attributes :/

I have top training facilities and Excellant youth facilities :/

What about the coaches?

Originally posted by Spagbol:

Didn't the experiment in tactics and training show that players <18 progress the fastest, then till 21 still progress well, but after 26 hardly progress at all?

Yes. It does depend on position - strikers decline earlier than midfielders, who decline earlier than defenders, who decline earlier than goalkeepers.

Also, it's the physical attributes that go into decline first, but for older players their mental attributes may well keep increasing.

The overall picture tho' is that post-30, models show that in FM08 players' attributes degenerate maybe too quickly across the board.

I think training should increase CA in all players, providing they have the determination to do so.

Look at Chris Powell (31, playing at Charlton) who had a clear Indian summer, getting his first England cap rather late in life. And last year, Dean Windass - had his best season for about 3 years despite being 83 years old. icon_wink.gif Okay, he only played 60 mins a game at the end of the season, but he's clearly improved over the past year.

I know it's impossible for FM to know WHICH players would improve like this but it should be possible.

Originally posted by x42bn6:

Possible, if difficult. Alessio Cerci for me gained 16 CA points (he's now 153/176) at 23, but I kind of expect that to plummet in the next few seasons.

23 is not old mate.

Originally posted by MSCCG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x42bn6:

Possible, if difficult. Alessio Cerci for me gained 16 CA points (he's now 153/176) at 23, but I kind of expect that to plummet in the next few seasons.

23 is not old mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely. People seem a little overfocused on youth a lot of the time when there's always perfectly good 24-27 year olds available on the cheap. Get them playing well, sell them when they hit 29, and profit!

Originally posted by Gecko:

Young players also need to play to get their stats up quicker. Otherwise they wont grow as fast or wont reach their pa

I think it's been well-covered that currently regens with high PAs progress far too slowly so that you never get brilliant regen teenagers, and that post-30 players tend to decline to quickly. Hopefully these are both areas SI are looking into for FM09.

Archived