Finance help?

explain what exactly you are looking for and people then can point you in the right direction..

if your team finance wrong? or are you struggling to make money? etc..

ow right ok.

yer just looking for general advice on how to manager finances...

tips i suppose ;)

ow right ok.

yer just looking for general advice on how to manager finances...

tips i suppose ;)

It'll vary depending on how big your club is, some of the tips people will give you are only relevant to larger clubs and other tips will be relevant to smaller clubs.

Have a look at what i've contributed to the Football Manager Wiki here and if there's anything else you want to know, just ask ;)

There's a basic introduction to Finances here which i haven't finished yet.

It'll vary depending on how big your club is, some of the tips people will give you are only relevant to larger clubs and other tips will be relevant to smaller clubs.

Have a look at what i've contributed to the Football Manager Wiki here and if there's anything else you want to know, just ask ;)

There's a basic introduction to Finances here which i haven't finished yet.

Love what you wrote, swisso. Thanks a lot for the big contribution. I have a question about surplus transfer money. It is my understanding that this money does not help improve your balance start point next year, so should be spent. This flies in the face of logic to me.

My own example is I have a 10 million dollar transfer budget, but only a $2.4 million dollar balance. My loss for the season so far has been in the neighborhood of $4.7 million so far. Using common sense business, I should not spend that money and keep it in the bank until next season. Loose advice I've read before says that this money has been 'budgeted' for the year and that I should spend it or lose it. I don't mind losing it if it means that my bank balance starts healthier next season. Will this be the case?

I have 100k/week available for my wage budget.

My own example is I have a 10 million dollar transfer budget, but only a $2.4 million dollar balance. My loss for the season so far has been in the neighborhood of $4.7 million so far. Using common sense business, I should not spend that money and keep it in the bank until next season. Loose advice I've read before says that this money has been 'budgeted' for the year and that I should spend it or lose it. I don't mind losing it if it means that my bank balance starts healthier next season. Will this be the case?

You're correct in that you shouldn't spend that money, since you'd effectively be in debt to the tune of -$7.6million on your bank balance. It's not necessaraily a flaw in the game since if you're a club with high aspirations, the Chairman will sometimes allocate you extra transfer funds beyond your original bank balance.

But i've also seen cases in my own games where the transfer budget in relation to bank balance has been totally screwed up with a difference of tens of millions between the two during the season. Obviously spending what the board have given me would amount to financial suicide even if the results on the pitch would justify the spending!

Transfer budgets are reset at the start of the new season based on your current Bank Balance and it may well be the case that if you don't spend that $10mill now, you won't have it when the new budget is set for the new year if you're still in debt. But theres also a chance that the board will still allocate you some Transfer funds even with a small debt!

But my advice would be to never spend what you can't afford IF you're losing money every month.You'll never make up the ground to get into a healthy balance so its a downward spiral all the way. Before you know it, players are transfer-listed against your will to reduce the wage-bill and the club can go bankrupt, into administration and worst case scenario: lose points in the league!

If you regulary make monthly profits, then you could spend beyond your bank balance with caution!

Archived