Re: Barcelona vs Man Utd - Playing wingers as strikers?

On Football Manager 09 Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are defined as midfielders, or more specifically, wingers. It makes sense that they would play best in their natural positions. However, in the Champions League final tonight Ronaldo and Messi both started as central strikers (and have done so before).

Have you ever done this in FM09 with any success? I've tried it but it has never worked. I then play them in their natural positions and they play much better. Should this be incorporated into the game more? Should Messi and Ronaldo both be given striker positions?

If it is effective for Ferguson and Guardiola then it should be effective for us in FM09.

i am currently on season 2015-2016 with Barcelona and both my wingers have swap position instructions with the strikers.. and they play equally as good on these positions..

could be done with the correct players.

On Football Manager 09 Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are defined as midfielders, or more specifically, wingers. It makes sense that they would play best in their natural positions. However, in the Champions League final tonight Ronaldo and Messi both started as central strikers (and have done so before).

Have you ever done this in FM09 with any success? I've tried it but it has never worked. I then play them in their natural positions and they play much better. Should this be incorporated into the game more? Should Messi and Ronaldo both be given striker positions?

If it is effective for Ferguson and Guardiola then it should be effective for us in FM09.

Many people have improved Ronaldo by retraining him as a striker. Messi though is better as a winger :thup::thup:

Archived