Retiring numbers?

i dont think there is a way to do this.. you could always leave that number out when assigning your sqyad numbers..

you are thinking of retiring a players number after only 6 years of service? i would consider this option if a player played his entire career with the team.

Ah right never mind then, and he has been serving for 6 years currently, still has 4 years left. I like the guy, what can I say

I signed him once and he did brilliantly for me before Barcelona made a big money, and unworthy, offer. I completely understand why you want to retire the number:D.

Yes in my Newcastle save i would also love to Retire Steven taylors 27 shirt, hes been at the club his whole career, 29 now, club captain and nearing the appearence record. I think it would do him justice.

or retiring Bojans No.9 Shirt, hes played with us for 6 years, but we're on his fave clubs list and hes alreayd hit 100 league goals, will probably break the scoring record, i just think it would be nice.

Would definately be a good add on, but im not sure it is in the game already? I mean im sure you can still pick No.14 for ajax (cruijff) and No.3 for Milan (Maldini, unless his kids make the grade)

Yes in my Newcastle save i would also love to Retire Steven taylors 27 shirt, hes been at the club his whole career, 29 now, club captain and nearing the appearence record. I think it would do him justice.

or retiring Bojans No.9 Shirt, hes played with us for 6 years, but we're on his fave clubs list and hes alreayd hit 100 league goals, will probably break the scoring record, i just think it would be nice.

Would definately be a good add on, but im not sure it is in the game already? I mean im sure you can still pick No.14 for ajax (cruijff) and No.3 for Milan (Maldini, unless his kids make the grade)

It's an American thing.

Football doesn't need it, load of rubbish in my opinion.

How I see it is this, If you have a long serving player etc Gerrard at Liverpool. Only once he has gone on to the Legends list should there be an option to retire his number.Otherwise you could end up with people retiring numbers and not having any left eventually

may start from 100, 101 in the future hehe!

It's an American thing.

Football doesn't need it, load of rubbish in my opinion.

I second that.

besides, certain number means something to certain club when a club keeps having great players wearing that number over generation.

such as Man U, instantly u think of #7 - Best, Robson, Cantona, Becks, Ronaldo.

it means more than retiring the number IMO.

i also feel that if a particular number was worn by a great legendary player of a particular club, when the next player being assigned to that number, he will be wearing it with a special sense of PRIDE.

for instance, I think Theo Walcott would be feeling pretty good wearing #14.

Archived