Int´l Jobs - Pro´s / Con´s?

I am at West Ham in 2011 and have done pretty good given how the team starts off (no this isnt a brag).

I was offered the Croatian National job after they failed to qualify for the Euro (bottom of their group with no points). Would taking this job affect my job at West Ham? I want to try to build up an international rep and guess that managing a national team is the best way but i dont want to screw up my West Ham team in the process. Anyone know if there have been instances of managers being removed from their position due to other commitments?

CHeers

I have never heard of nor experienced removal from a job because of other commitments on FM.

Getting your reputation up is a lot easier in an international job, especially if you win the World Cup, which pretty much guarantees a boost to "International".

Cheers guys. Well I turned the offer down this time as i dont have Croatian league running and read that you cant really get a feel for all the players if you dont have the league running. But have quite a few others so may take the next one, if i get offered one.

I like the International jobs, i mean there are fairly relaxing and dont take too much effort, although if you're careful you can spend half an hour selecting your squad :/

Generally i take any international job regardless if the league is on or not. its a great way of learning extra languages, i once ended up speaking 8 languages? (helps for signing players lol).

And as TigerJoe said, it attracts the players to your club, a lot of players add your to their favorite personnel if you manage them at international level.

Archived