players-manager relationship

Personally i would love to see more player-to-manager interaction rather than media interaction.

at the moment, if u r unhappy about a player's performance, u will have to go PUBLIC and tell the press that u r not happy with him. in real world football, very rarely managers would do that. they would only talk to him PRIVATELY behind close door, and to defend them in the public.

so i'd love to have this feature enable the manger to talk to players in PRIVATE.

I would also want to see a tool which enable the manager to DEFEND the players in public. for instance, say, if a player is under heavy criticism from fans and media, the manager has the option to come out and tell the media "i have faith in him" or "he needs time to adjust to the team(new signing) / he's still learning the game (young players)" stuffs like that.

all in all, my whole point is - to find a mean to further strengthen the manager's relationship with the players. so that when in the future a bigger club comes along, when the player considering the offer, he will take his relationship with his manager into his consideration as well.

for instance, if during bad time his manager was backing him, naturally when a bigger club comes calling, this player will have to think twice than doing a "Cashley Cole".

personally i think the manager-players relationship is far more IMPORTANT than the manager-media relationship. and FM should be paying more attention on that aspect rather than the media game.

In real life you also see situations where the manager lets the press know that he has faith in his player, yet we find out later that behind closed doors he has told the players to start playing well or sling his hook.

I think this would be a brilliant addition, and is something taht i have thought about often. :thup:

Archived