Frederic Remola

I thought this problem had been fixed in the patches?

He is a manager with rubbish stats and a rubbish reputation who gets given jobs at big clubs and has just been given the Newcastle job in my game.

Was this not fixed? Are SI aware of it?

Newcastle? Big Club?

You're 'avin a laugh ;)

I don't see why this is a bug, have you never seen a manager who isn't too well known manage a big team?

This is the equivalent of Paul Simpson getting the Sunderland job.

Its not about the odds... its about who gets the job. Pope Benedict is on Paddy Power for the Celtic job (check it - he is.).

Im talking about someone getting the job, not being linked with it.

Frederic Remola is the manager of Club De Sète 34, which is a team in the 5th tier of French football. The equivalent of a manager from the Conference Premier getting the job of a mid table team in the Premer League (which is what Newcastle are in my save - regardless of the fact they got relegated in real life).

It's a bug.

Simpson has done a good job at Shrewsbury, so it isn't that strange...

I do know that, I went to the play off final at Wembley...

And it still would be strange. You hardly ever see managers going up 5 leagues in one job unless they are well known such as a past player like Ince, and whats more, it's bigger than Simpson getting the Sunderland job because Remola is the equivalent of a BSP manager.

And it still would be strange. You hardly ever see managers going up 5 leagues in one job unless they are well known such as a past player like Ince, and whats more, it's bigger than Simpson getting the Sunderland job because Remola is the equivalent of a BSP manager.

:( I'm sorry to hear that.

:D

So why did you bring up Simpson getting the Sunderland job?

Its not about the odds... its about who gets the job. Pope Benedict is on Paddy Power for the Celtic job (check it - he is.).

Frederic Remola is the manager of Club De Sète 34, which is a team in the 5th tier of French football. The equivalent of a manager from the Conference Premier getting the job of a mid table team in the Premer League (which is what Newcastle are in my save - regardless of the fact they got relegated in real life).

It's a bug.

I know Pope Benedict is, but that's a joke :D

I am surprised that Remola is getting jobs, but if he has a low rep, as stated in the OP, why does it only apply to him? Or is this a one off? Does he love Newcastle, for example? Is he Dennis Wise's best mate?

(btw, Ince only jumped two leagues)

Like I said, what are his wages like. The club may want a cheaper alternative.

I dont know, I dont have my game open right now but come on, you know that thats a weak argument, it would never happen and it's happened in other saves too. A club would not hire a manager from 5 leagues below to save some money.. It's a bug.

I know Pope Benedict is, but that's a joke :D

I am surprised that Remola is getting jobs, but if he has a low rep, as stated in the OP, why does it only apply to him? Or is this a one off? Does he love Newcastle, for example? Is he Dennis Wise's best mate?

(btw, Ince only jumped two leagues)

It seems to be that just Remola gets big jobs and its happened a few times, so im guessing he has a high rep accidentally put in which is why he gets these big jobs.

Ok;

Frederic Remola

Current Reputation = 42

Home Reputation = 42

World Reputation = 170

Arsene Wenger (Top Prem, Arsenal)

Current Reputation = 173

Home Reputation = 180

World Reputation = 165

Sam Allardyce (Mid Prem, Blackburn)

Current Reputation = 138

Home Reputation = 138

World Reputation = 105

Phil Brown (Low Prem, Hull)

Current Reputation = 110

Home Reputation = 110

World Reputation = 40

Mick McCarthy (Championship, Wolves)

Current Reputation = 130

Home Reputation = 140

World Reputation = 95

Steve Tilson (League 1, Southend)

Current Reputation = 111

Home Reputation = 111

World Reputation = 42

Mark Stimson (League 2, Gillingham)

Current Reputation = 85

Home Reputation = 85

World Reputation = 0

Chris Wilder (Conference Premier, Oxford)

Current Reputation = 75

Home Reputation = 75

World Reputation = 20

So yes, it does look as though a mistake has been made with his World Rep. Apologies, but I prefer to rule out all other possible events before saying something is a bug. Wonder what that 170 was meant to be?

Just checked him on my save - May 2010.

He's still at Sete. CA 85 PA 100

Genie: Home/Current rep 3063

World rep 2300

Wage 850 quid pw

In my save Newcastle are midtable with Roy Hodgson as manager:

CA/PA 163/165

Home rep 7310 Current 6552 World 6815

Wage 12000 pw

So, yeh, they just dont compare. Remola doesn't appear to have any strange figures here though, and he hasn't moved 'up'. In using 9.3.0. It seems that he's weird in some of your saves but not others (at least, not mine). Hmm...

Tony Adams and Nigel Clough, two managers who's past experiences were Wycombe (he got us relegated) and Burton Albion, and ended up at Portsmouth and Derby respectivley. I think this mistake adds a nice realistic touch.

Tony Adams and Nigel Clough, two managers who's past experiences were Wycombe (he got us relegated) and Burton Albion, and ended up at Portsmouth and Derby respectivley. I think this mistake adds a nice realistic touch.

i agree with what your saying but tony adams is a former england captain so he has a high profile which helped him get the portsmouth job,and nigel cloghs dad was arguably the best manager england never had an was just awesome at helping smaller clubs reach otherwise unobtaniable levels and nigel in his own right spent ten years at burton eventually helping them into the league so i think that he derserves the derby job.

I thought this problem had been fixed in the patches?

He is a manager with rubbish stats and a rubbish reputation who gets given jobs at big clubs and has just been given the Newcastle job in my game.

Was this not fixed? Are SI aware of it?

Do you think that's weird? In my game Giorgio Pellizzaro (Juventus's goalkeeping coach) was given the Newcastle job.

It's a bug.

From Burton Albion to Derby. Not unheard of. Okay, not a Prem team, but it's a huge leap.

Or how about Match of the Day pundit to manager of the biggest club in the relegation battle with NO previous experience?

Okay, not saying for sure it's not a bug in the game, but if he is considered a talented up and coming manager - like Gary McAlister before Leeds sacked him - it's not unheard of that the researcher might have given him a high PA or higher rep than his status suggests.

But yes, his attributes are terrible, and he's Sunderland manager Nov 2009 in my latest game.

I played Tottenham twice last night and hammered them silly on both occasions. I couldn't figure out why as they have a pretty good team, but then I happened across this thread and searched for Mr Remola in my game. And who did he manage? Tottenham of course.

Guess he is the reason they were so terrible against me in both games. I was expecting a challenge from them but they were dire and I beat them by more than 5 goals in both games.

I checked his reputation with FMRTE and his world rep was far too high compared to his other two rep attributes.

From Burton Albion to Derby. Not unheard of. Okay, not a Prem team, but it's a huge leap.

Or how about Match of the Day pundit to manager of the biggest club in the relegation battle with NO previous experience?

Okay, not saying for sure it's not a bug in the game, but if he is considered a talented up and coming manager - like Gary McAlister before Leeds sacked him - it's not unheard of that the researcher might have given him a high PA or higher rep than his status suggests.

But yes, his attributes are terrible, and he's Sunderland manager Nov 2009 in my latest game.

Is Remola a french footballing legend? No.

Nigel is the son of one of footballs greatest ever managers - that is why he was able to get that job.

Shearer is one of Newcastle's greatest ever players and one of modern English football's most well known names. That is why he got the job.

McAllister played almost 300 games for Leeds. That is why he got the job.

It is a bug (or wrong data or whatever Arsenal! :p), why don't people get that?

Is Remola a french footballing legend? No.

Nigel is the son of one of footballs greatest ever managers - that is why he was able to get that job.

Shearer is one of Newcastle's greatest ever players and one of modern English football's most well known names. That is why he got the job.

McAllister played almost 300 games for Leeds. That is why he got the job.

It is a bug (or wrong data or whatever Arsenal! :p), why don't people get that?

I get that it's a mistake - was just playing devil's advocate. My second post shows that, I thought. Will keep an eye on him in future saves. It's actually kinda funny.

Anyone with cheat progs able to look at rep vs ability? Any more errors like this?

Archived