The Game Complaint Thread

Right Basically this is how this thread is going to work

I want this to work how the "Wishlist Ideas Thread" Worked but for complaints about the game.

This is the place where people can lodge their complaints in an organised better way than have annoyed letters spewing across General Discussion. Pease do make Rant threads If you want I don't mind. Just Put your ideas in here as well so SI can see what the general Public wants.

IMPORTANT: This thread should be used for Game Complaints only.

NOT Activation issues please.

I do not have a fault for this game but If you do please post about it here.

Thank You

Saxonaitor

This won't catch on, if someone wants to rant they don't want to do it in an organised fashion.

'IM ANGRY I HATE THIS GAME!!!!! THIS IS A WAST OF MUNNY SI GIVE ME IT BACK OR ILL KILL YOU ALL WITH CHAINSAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, where is the thread that the Forum Rules request me to post in...'

Arsenal,

I know people will want to rant in their own seperate thread. But I made this so people can record their complaints seperatly

Danielos,

Maybe But I have the feeling that the wishlist thread is more of a happy thread were as people who complain are more frequent in the use of CAPS If you get my meaning

AI Transfers: I would like the AI the manager to assess his (or her) current players against their favourite formation(s); and for the manager to assess the strength of each position - e.g. likes to play 4-4-2 but only has one 5 star striker and the rest are 2 star and worse. This would (hopefully) mean AI managers would buy players to slot in their preferred line-up (or buy squad players if they lacked depth) in positions which need strengthening, rather than the scatter/random approach some managers tend to buy. The perceived quality of a player should be affected by the AI managers transfer skills and scouting network.

As a test: If you release all players from contracts, some managers don't even attempt to build a squad and are happy to sign one goalkeeper for the whole season. While this is an extreme situation, it does highlight a major flaw in AI manager transfer targets.

It's easy to type; maybe impossible to code to 100% satisfaction.

This won't catch on, if someone wants to rant they don't want to do it in an organised fashion.

'IM ANGRY I HATE THIS GAME!!!!! THIS IS A WAST OF MUNNY SI GIVE ME IT BACK OR ILL KILL YOU ALL WITH CHAINSAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, where is the thread that the Forum Rules request me to post in...'

Thats an idea, how about rebranding this thread the "Death-wish-list Thread (*Official)" and we can list our preferred method of killing a member of SI for perceived crimes against Realistic Match Engines! LOL

Right Basically this is how this thread is going to work

I want this to work how the "Wishlist Ideas Thread" Worked but for complaints about the game.

This is the place where people can lodge their complaints in an organised better way than have annoyed letters spewing across General Discussion. Pease do make Rant threads If you want I don't mind. Just Put your ideas in here as well so SI can see what the general Public wants.

NOT Activation issues please.

I do not have a fault for this game but If you do please post about it here.

Thank You

Saxonaitor

Great idea for this thread. This will stop loads of seperate complaint threads and clear up this forum :thup:

Great idea for this thread. This will stop loads of seperate complaint threads and clear up this forum :thup:

It don't think it will work, do you really think people are going to search for a thread in which to make a complaint? It's a lot easier just to make a new one.

It don't think it will work, do you really think people are going to search for a thread in which to make a complaint? It's a lot easier just to make a new one.

What he said. In theory it's a good idea, but tbh I don't see this thread working out as well as planned.

JSalter like I have already said above

I do not think this will stop people from having a rant in their own made thread I only want the complaints and why so SI has the public voice here as a census instead of hundreds of seperate complain threads

There is so little about the game that i dislike in general...Football Manager is a fantastically rounded game for so many football fans to enjoy...Little tweaks is all this game needs..nothing else whatsoever...As Hershie said players lack loyalty(spot on)...The players that are on your shortlist always scoring against you could be stopped(does this happen to anyone else or just me?)...We dont want the perfect game surely...The real game of football isnt perfect and we still love that...Football manager isnt perfect but we still play it talk about it and moan about it...Pretty close to the real game of football if you ask me...

Surely, it would be more constructive to incorporate any complaints you have about the game into the Wishlist thread? For example, if your complaint is that "The AI managers get so many team talks at HT spot on when they are losing and this rate needs to be reduced to around the rate that Human managers get" post in the wishlist thread something like "I'd like to have more half time team talk options, better feedback so that I know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong, and how my players are reacting, and I think the AI needs to have the effectiveness of their team talks reduced".

Surely that's better and more constructive?

Gillsman,

I understand your point but I'm sure you have seen the many posts that people have made criticising the game for so and so reasons.

I just want people to maybe not write a seperate rant (although I think people will) but to record their complaints in a thread. Because I wouldn't think People with Complaints would take the time to explain their reason because some of them don't have reasons.

I just want to try to Clean Up General Discussion a bit at least.

See, the only people who wouldn't post a thread of their own would be those who would back it up (and even then...).

This will only encourage people to rant, and that's not acceptable, full stop (much like foul language or piracy). We have three moderators and skorp who can lock and delete threads, and this will not succeed in funnelling them all into one place.

You forgot "I have been playing this game since CM Italia on the Amiga" :p

Gillsman,

I understand your point but I'm sure you have seen the many posts that people have made criticising the game for so and so reasons.

I just want people to maybe not write a seperate rant (although I think people will) but to record their complaints in a thread. Because I wouldn't think People with Complaints would take the time to explain their reason because some of them don't have reasons.

I just want to try to Clean Up General Discussion a bit at least.

Your aim is commendable, but I agree with SCIAG that this will probably end up as merely a rant-fest. That said, let's draw a line under the discussion about whether or not this thread will work (see line below) and if it does work, great, if not, the thread will die peacefully. If it descends into nonsense, it'll get closed.

Let's end all discussion about the success or otherwise of this thread, and keep it on topic please.

================================================================================

I shall start things off. The AI managers get so many team talks at HT spot on when they are losing and this rate needs to be reduced to around the rate that Human managers get.

I'll second that...or just get rid of half-time talks in general. They are way too powerful. Once you figure out the system they are quite easily exploitable.

The scouting system is terrible. I currently have about 15 of the worlds best scouts and over the past 2 years and only have 10 maybe recommendations, and only 1 was a high recommendation. If only scouts could suggest whether a player would be a good investment for the club... ie, buy really low, train and sell for a profit. OR JUST GIVE ME REPORTS TO READ. I feel having scouts is a waste of money

I would like to see simpler, player specific isntructions, i.e. tell your striker to drop back and receive the ball, tell wingers to hug line or cut in, etc etc. I know this can be achieved by a certain configuration of the sliders, but why change 5 different parameters when a simple checkbox would do. After all, if a real coach wants his winger to cut in, he simply tells him to. No need to overcomplicate things. In general, tactics need to be able to do what we want as simply as possible - the score will tell whether our tactical changes are right or wrong.

I also think the game should introduce some sort of game tape analysis as part of training. The coach should be able to look at the team's past games and see what the tim did right or wrong. If I see my players constantly make the wrong pass - i should be able to tell them that it is wrong, and what should they have done instead. This might be done interactively by pausing the game tape and suggest what the player should have done next - pass it instead of shooting, or move laterally instead of dashing forward. I say this because I see my players making the same wrong movement over and over - this would allow me to easily point out what I want them to do. Of course, whether they listen to my suggestion would depend on their individual attributes and tendencies. If this is too much work, simple, just let the assman suggest some changes (Kaka should have been allowed to have a free role last game, that way he could have allowed him to see more of the ball), this way all you have to do is accept or dismiss the assman advice.

Overall, I would like to see major improvements on tactical interface so I can tell my players what I want in the simplest way possible, and no big issues such as the home team over-advantage, and the game would be amazing again.

Cheers

Incorrect offside decisions are an absolute joke- its been like this for a few releases where incorrect offside decisions are not close calls as we mostly get in real life, but cases of players being played onside by several players by yards.

It really annoys me that SI leave glaring errors in like this over a number of releases.

Archived