Explain this please

Hi, I dont understand somethings about this game they are quite frustrating.

in 2015 i am playing chelsea in league cup final... during the season i have beat them 4-0 at home and 3-1 away ...yet i played this game and lost 3-0. i reloaded the game and lost again in penalties ..since this i must have reloaded and palyed about 12-14 times --never won once ..lost 4 times on penalties 3 in extra time and 3 times by compelte batterings..i seemd to ahve treid everything..

it almost feels like si games have made so that i cant win at all.......

not really bothered aobut not winning its jsut the point of how the game engine is working tbh...

any view on this??

SI have always denied this but I have suspected for years that the match engine makes subtle changes before cup games- you can be unbeaten throughout a full league campaqign, but lose irrationally to lesser teams in the cup. Perhaps your experience lends credence to my theory.

in 2015 i am playing chelsea in league cup final... during the season i have beat them 4-0 at home and 3-1 away ...yet i played this game and lost 3-0. i reloaded the game and lost again in penalties ..since this i must have reloaded and palyed about 12-14 times --never won once ..lost 4 times on penalties 3 in extra time and 3 times by compelte batterings..i seemd to ahve treid everything..

not really bothered aobut not winning its jsut the point of how the game engine is working tbh...

any view on this??

If your theory is true no one would ever win a cup. Just accept that either the opposition is better, or more fired up, or your players are not focussed.

Have you varied your teamtalks etc?

any view on this??

could be any number of things from the oppo having injuries for the other two games, no motivation, to oppo/your own tactics, to player conditioning, to big game mentality

SI have always denied this but I have suspected for years that the match engine makes subtle changes before cup games- you can be unbeaten throughout a full league campaqign, but lose irrationally to lesser teams in the cup. Perhaps your experience lends credence to my theory.

Cup finals naturally have players more fired up, so if the opposition have more determination, a better team talk, and equal or better skill, it can be done.

See the play-off finals for the championship and L1? Millwall are a better team on paper than Scunthorpe, and Sheffield United are a MUCH better team on paper than Burnley.

Cup finals are harder to win in real life, so yes, I'm sure there are some tweaks to player mentality and morale. However, a change in the match engine simply isn't possible. It's one engine, programmed to behave according to a set of (sometimes random) events during the match - determination, mentality, team instructions, and so on.

As for the OP's experience, you've beaten a team heavily home and away - don't you think for a cup final there will have been a significant amount of homework?

You lost a game it happens and once again for someone who dosnt care you certainly cheat alot.

how many times did you reload the game to beat them 4-0 at home and 3-1 away another 12-14 times.

I think it is karma inserted into the game by SI to stop cheats like you restarting your game everytime you lose.

any view on this??

IRL Shrewsbury beat Gillingham 7-0 in the season. We beat them 1-0 at Wembley, so it happens IRL. If your players are demotivated, tired, your tactics are wrong, the opposition are flying, etc, these are all reasons why you lose.

yh i jsut accpeted it and carried on as usual .... anyway thanks for your replies. Dont normally reload but this is the like the fourth year i have failed. ow well now it is five.

and why on here do people care so much about how other people play their game, i spent my money on it surely i could take a sh*t on it if i wanted too? not like im playing against you.

i was only asking about the game enigne not how to play or the ethics on cheating....why reply liek that..when it is a question about summit completly diffrent. its like the website saays " community" so i guessed it was for other peopel to help others and talk about the game not to tell someone how to play it if i wanted to do that i would do a LLM career . but i guess if i ahve made you happy in life then go ahead ..sorry bit of a rant better stop now

cant stop .. i knew it was a msitake posting on a internet forum if you have such high opinions on things then why dont you open a book and use ur compassion in other places in life ..thanks to people that actuall answered about the relavant question ....bsmaff YOU SIR ARE A TW*T

yh i jsut accpeted it and carried on as usual .... anyway thanks for your replies. Dont normally reload but this is the like the fourth year i have failed. ow well now it is five.

and why on here do people care so much about how other people play their game, i spent my money on it surely i could take a sh*t on it if i wanted too? not like im playing against you.

i was only asking about the game enigne not how to play or the ethics on cheating....why reply liek that..when it is a question about summit completly diffrent. its like the website saays " community" so i guessed it was for other peopel to help others and talk about the game not to tell someone how to play it if i wanted to do that i would do a LLM career . but i guess if i ahve made you happy in life then go ahead ..sorry bit of a rant better stop now

It IS your game. Personally, I don't think I was having a go, just answering the question.

I think the problem folk have is mostly two-parted: there are people who come on and say they won the treble first season with Hull or some such team, which is simply not possible without either reloading almost every game, or some serious editing. It's no achievement if you've cheated so why state you've "done" it? I know you haven't said that - just the opposite in fact - so you're not in that category.

The other time people get narked it when folk come on saying the game is broken/bugged/flawed and the only way to win anything is to reload the games you "should" have won.

Again, you didn't come on ranting like a brat, but people's knee-jerk is to call "cheat" to anyone reloading their games for whatever reason.

cant stop .. i knew it was a msitake posting on a internet forum if you have such high opinions on things then why dont you open a book and use ur compassion in other places in life ..thanks to people that actuall answered about the relavant question ....bsmaff YOU SIR ARE A TW*T

No reason to be calling names, is there.

Fantastic :D

No its not.

Archived