Anyway to avoid cheating ? Resseting penalty ?

No, there's no option. I know some people with willpower hit "save" after every game to keep themselves honest, but not sure if there's an auto-save after each game.

I suppose it's down to how you deem a game has been unfair. That's football sometimes. I'm sure Guus Hiddink wishes he had a reset button to replay his Barcelona game.

What games to you consider unfair? Losing to supposedly "inferior" opposition? Last minute goals? Bad penalty decisions? Bad off-side decisions?

If you think losing to Stafford Rangers or last minute goals or something mundane like that is unfair, then you are just playing the game badly, and slight tactical tweaks are very, very easy to administer. I have a shut-up-shop tactic that I estimate is around 95% successful at maintaining my score and in perhaps 10-20% of cases even I score another. Not scientific numbers, just my observations and guestimating.

If, on the other hand, you are losing because you can't cancel subs or something, I have some sympathy, but again, that's football. Once you submit your changes to the 4th official you can't change your sub.

Or is it some other bug that I haven't noticed yet?

Should say the only time I replay a game is when I've made some idiotic error involving a slip of the mouse. I tend to rush sometimes and am often distracted (I always play while the telly's on) and have been known to take off a striker with the intention of putting on a defender or DMC to shut up shop, only to concede 2-3 goals in ten mins. When I get to the end I see one player with a score of 4.0 and realise my new DC is actually a goalkeeper! Since this is not a mistake that could possibly be made in real life I have no guilt in replaying the game. It's rare, but it does happen, and I always accept the next result even if it goes against me.

Yes, I'm tempted to replay that 1-0 defeat to Hillbilly Girls School in the FA Cup 3rd round but have managed to resist since FM06. I really don't see the point.

I think I can quite honestly say that I'm not cheating. However I know that sometimes it's hard to receive an unfair loss of points. Latest result was a 2-2 draw against BV Veendam in Eredivisie (I'm Ajax). They took 0-1 lead, in 2nd half I pulled back and hit 2-1 on 83rd minute, then made everything I could to bring this game to victory ('cause Veendam was playing well and looked dangerous in attack), but somehow they managed to pull out a counter attack similar to Ronaldo-Rooney combination against Arsenal. And in 90+3 minutes!

I was stunned and felt like hit by a train. Especially because my lads hit twice to post/crossbar during game and I feel I deserved a victory by any means. But you have to accept that.

On the other hand, I won PSV 3-2, after struggling hard and trying to keep 2-2 draw to get one point from this match, Ismail Aissati scored the screamer from 25 yards in 90+2. I imagine PSV AI manager should have felt the same way :D

If you reset to avoid a defeat, you're cheating. Simple really! There's no such thing as "unfair" results. I always call back to AC Milan getting pegged back in the CL final against Liverpool after being 3-0 up. Unfair results are actually just "unlikely" results.

I save before every game and after every game for one reason - I'm on an electricity meter and I've had the heartache of an electricity power out after winning my first CL final with Logrones CF after 20 seasons of gameplay!

I think I can quite honestly say that I'm not cheating. However I know that sometimes it's hard to receive an unfair loss of points. Latest result was a 2-2 draw against BV Veendam in Eredivisie (I'm Ajax). They took 0-1 lead, in 2nd half I pulled back and hit 2-1 on 83rd minute, then made everything I could to bring this game to victory ('cause Veendam was playing well and looked dangerous in attack), but somehow they managed to pull out a counter attack similar to Ronaldo-Rooney combination against Arsenal. And in 90+3 minutes!

I was stunned and felt like hit by a train. Especially because my lads hit twice to post/crossbar during game and I feel I deserved a victory by any means. But you have to accept that.

On the other hand, I won PSV 3-2, after struggling hard and trying to keep 2-2 draw to get one point from this match, Ismail Aissati scored the screamer from 25 yards in 90+2. I imagine PSV AI manager should have felt the same way :D

Definitely your tactics. Definitely cheating.

But hey, your game, your choice.

I remember a couple of years ago when I was still a mere mortal user, I posted a lengthy suggestion on an optional feature you could select at the beginning of the game to add a penalty if you "cheat" [sic] in the game, for example by resetting. Result: I got flamed by a load of idiots who hadn't read the post properly and thought I was having a go at people who played the game differently.

Not so.

My idea was thus:

If you select this option at the beginning of the game, the game would detect when you do things that would be considered cheating. For example: take over an opposite club, and buy their best player for nothing and you will face lengthy media reports about dodgy dealings (similar to when West Ham signed Tevez and Mascherano and everyone (bar the Premier League as it turns out) knew there was something dodgy about it). Take over an opposing team the day before a game and hammer them 15-0 with your main team and both teams face accusations of fixing the match, etc. Restart the game without saving and you face similar accusations of having thrown the game if and when you eventually win/draw.

Now, my original post was much more thought out, and thinking about it now, I'm not as adamant that it's a good idea as I was a couple of years ago, but it was just an idea to add a bit of spice to the game, and force the game to "punish" you if you "cheat".

The idea is it would be optional, the same was the Fog Of War (Attribute Masking) is, and it's not having a pop at people who do play this way: I've played this way in the past. It was only an idea.

So I understand where the OP is coming from.

I save before and after every game for 2 reasons. 1) my laptop tends to cut during games sometimes due to overheating and there is nothing more frustrating than losing 6,7,8 whatever months of gameplay, particularly if you've been doing well, and 2) it takes away the risk of me wanting to quit/restart. Ive never had the urge yet but its something i started doing years ago and have always carried on.

Sometimes I feel hard done too but just play it out and take that bitter pill.... for example....

A big Champ League game is coming up I know that one of my top players will get injured maybe two and will come back on the clusp of the big game... so they are unfit or playable injured tempting you too put them in the team.

In the game you get knocks/injuries to key players early on. Or after perfect discipline someone gets sent off stupid. And then when you are one nil up and looking good you just know they are going to score and then they do.

Just sometimes I get the feeling the ships are stacked against me and the cpu is pulling out all the stops to dump me outta the big one. Which I guess keeps it fun because usually with a full strength team and no surprises im very confident of beating anyone.

Definitely your tactics. Definitely cheating.

But hey, your game, your choice.

Hey, I saved the game anyway and didn't re-play this game. It's just an example of situation when you feel that game is unfair, but just get over it and concentrate on the next game where things might go your way.

I remember a couple of years ago when I was still a mere mortal user, I posted a lengthy suggestion on an optional feature you could select at the beginning of the game to add a penalty if you "cheat" [sic] in the game, for example by resetting. Result: I got flamed by a load of idiots who hadn't read the post properly and thought I was having a go at people who played the game differently.

Not so.

My idea was thus:

If you select this option at the beginning of the game, the game would detect when you do things that would be considered cheating. For example: take over an opposite club, and buy their best player for nothing and you will face lengthy media reports about dodgy dealings (similar to when West Ham signed Tevez and Mascherano and everyone (bar the Premier League as it turns out) knew there was something dodgy about it). Take over an opposing team the day before a game and hammer them 15-0 with your main team and both teams face accusations of fixing the match, etc. Restart the game without saving and you face similar accusations of having thrown the game if and when you eventually win/draw.

Now, my original post was much more thought out, and thinking about it now, I'm not as adamant that it's a good idea as I was a couple of years ago, but it was just an idea to add a bit of spice to the game, and force the game to "punish" you if you "cheat".

The idea is it would be optional, the same was the Fog Of War (Attribute Masking) is, and it's not having a pop at people who do play this way: I've played this way in the past. It was only an idea.

So I understand where the OP is coming from.

I remember a similar thread, 99% sure it wasn't by you though, some Brazilian chappy. He wanted a feature that would say how many times you'd reloaded.

The problem is, it's impossible for such a thing to be there (how would the game log it if it was reloaded?).

As for adding a manager to a side, what if you were playing with a friend who genuinely hated Carlos Tevez IRL and he was offering him out for free? Or who was very bad and thought a sweeper-goalkeeper was a good idea (ho hum...)?

I agree in principle, but in practise...

Archived