why would my chairman do this

i had a regen defender, about 20yrs old, he is starting to look really good, man city, my main rivals put a bid of £17m in for him, hes only worth about 6, but for some reason my chairman accepts it on my behalf and sells him off to city.

i can understand why a chairman would do it if i wasnt the best club in the world and had no money problems but the worst thing is that i felt so helpless, i couldnt give an ultimatum, say anything to my chairman. it would have been good if i could have said something in apress conference

has this ahppened to anyone else?

i manage plymouth, i have won the premiership 6 times in a row and the champs league 3 times, my reputation is about as high as you get and i have 750m in the bank so money is not a problem, the player had a really good pa. i think the worst thing is that the chairman sold him to a rival club, that cant be good business no matter what way you look at it

i manage plymouth, i have won the premiership 6 times in a row and the champs league 3 times, my reputation is about as high as you get and i have 750m in the bank so money is not a problem, the player had a really good pa. i think the worst thing is that the chairman sold him to a rival club, that cant be good business no matter what way you look at it

Offered him a new contract?

when you have other clubs sniffing around set the players asking price to something you would accept... eg. in your instance if hes worth 6mil, set to 25mil... this means that when a club comes to put a bid in they are more likely to bid 25 than 17... your chairman will still accept the 25, and you will have to be happy with that.

it is annoying and i dont think chairman would do it in real life especially when keeping theplayer at the club would be more beneficial, i think it needs to be looked at for the next game, even if it gives you the option to talk it out with the chairman or offer an ultimatum if you feel that dtrongly about the player being sold

normally when this happens it will come up in a press conferance prettyy soon after that the chairman sold him with out your knollage and they ask u for your thoughts , ...

i allways say its not a problem and me and the chairman have a good relationship.

maby if you say the opposite he wont be so quick to sell in the future

Im debt free with 200 mill in the bank and steadily making money but my chairman does this from time to time.

Generally only when the maths are like what you suggest... about a 5 mill player with an offer over 15 mill and the chairman see's it as too good to refuse. Which is fair enough but I always think well let me play him for a year and ill get you 30 mill for him! But a good deals a good deal.

i had a regen defender, about 20yrs old, he is starting to look really good, man city, my main rivals put a bid of £17m in for him, hes only worth about 6, but for some reason my chairman accepts it on my behalf and sells him off to city.

i can understand why a chairman would do it if i wasnt the best club in the world and had no money problems but the worst thing is that i felt so helpless, i couldnt give an ultimatum, say anything to my chairman. it would have been good if i could have said something in apress conference

has this ahppened to anyone else?

Well you could have offered him a new contract.

you can cancel the offer via the transfer centre

No you can't.

can we? how?

You can't.

you can say something in a press confereence if your lucky, you may get a question such as: "How do you feel that chairman x has sold player y behind your back, or something. Then your response is limited to 5, one of which is: "Its ridiculous, blahdy blah" one is: "Its in the past now and i just want to focus on whats to come"

Archived