Updating your PC for Football Manager ?

We all know alot of us have had to update our laptops or PC's in the present and the past just to play the game we love, that being, Football Manager.

I recently had 2gb ram, went out and forked out $90 for 4 gb ram, 2 x 2gb sticks. However, due to the fact I have Windows XP Pro 32bit, the pc only reads it has 3gb ram, but no worries.

During the time I had 2gb ram, the recommended setup the game suggested was barely 7 leagues on a small database.

Now with 3gb ram (4 relly), the recommended setup is 12 leagues on LARGE database. I'm quite pelased with that to be honest. Not much investm,ent for a much more enjoyable saved game.

As the title suggests, how have you lot gone about updating your laptop/pc in order to play Football Manager ? Wether you had to do it or just willingly just to run more leagues for the fun of it.

well i'm gunna have the top 2 of each main country, aswell as Australia, and of course argentina, brazil & japan. Have just started to load up a new saved game, 15 nations, 22 leagues & Large Database. Hope it works

You should be quite pleased because the reccomended leagues is the minimum amount your computer could run. I too have a reccomended set up of 12 leagues but I can run 40 smoothly as can you probably :thup:

whats your specs? if you don't

mind me asking

My processor and memory were fine for FM, but I have given it a hard drive all to itself. I had an 80GB drive spare so decided to hook it up and dedicate it to the FM install and save games etc.
that, sir, is an outstanding idea, and one which I may very well take up! *doffs cap* :D

whats your specs? if you don't

mind me asking

Here's the important stuff:

Card name: Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® GMA 950

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_8212104D&REV_03

Display Memory: 224 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 224 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: igdumd32.dll

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1151 (English)

DDI Version: 9Ex

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 1/24/2007 10:04:22, 2105344 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-64E2-11CF-8277-18A2A2C2CA35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x27A2

SubSys ID: 0x8212104D

Revision ID: 0x0003

Revision ID: 0x0003

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C