Player reputation: Continental->Worldwide

Just noticed that the reputation of one of my players (Veloso) has changed from continental to worldwide. What effects will this have?

I can guess that they may include:

• more attempts to sign by the AI
  • more difficulty in retaining (as I'm Man City and only in the first season of ECC, so club reputation still fairly low)
  • higher wage demand on contract renewal

Can I expect any other effects? Any positive ones?

Also what causes the change in reputation? He's been playing well, but not outstandingly lately. The change happened after a break for World Cup qualifiers, where his ratings for the games he played were again good, but not outstanding - with no goals or MOM in the two matches.

World Cup finals - I agree, but these were the two European group qualifiers and he already had continental reputation. Although the I'm interested to find out why the reputation changed, I'm more interested to hear about any effects of the change.

Just noticed that the reputation of one of my players (Veloso) has changed from continental to worldwide. What effects will this have?

I can guess that they may include:

• more attempts to sign by the AI
  • more difficulty in retaining (as I'm Man City and only in the first season of ECC, so club reputation still fairly low)
  • higher wage demand on contract renewal

Can I expect any other effects? Any positive ones?

Also what causes the change in reputation? He's been playing well, but not outstandingly lately. The change happened after a break for World Cup qualifiers, where his ratings for the games he played were again good, but not outstanding - with no goals or MOM in the two matches.

His rep probably chnaged after playing in a big competition. The good effects will be you'll get more shirt sales from him when you tour your feeder club (the merchandising sales one) if you have one and his value is likely to rise :thup:

++ shirt sales - not thought of that. Thanks.

As for increase in value, I don't intend selling, but it may help to keep the sharks away.

Two positives you've found, and I could only think of the negatives. :(

His rep probably chnaged after playing in a big competition. The good effects will be you'll get more shirt sales from him when you tour your feeder club (the merchandising sales one) if you have one and his value is likely to rise :thup:

Getting confused here. A number of threads have said that touring the country from where your feeder club comes wont help a bit while an equal number say that merchandise sales rise...which one is correct?

Archived