China & India rule the world?? *AI experiment*

Before i start explaining what this experiment is about i have to make some things clear:

First of all english isn't my first language so please excuse me for any silly/stupid mistakes i'm most likely going to make :) Feel free to correct me as i'd like to improve my english skills

This is my first experiment so writing updates may take some time, so please be patient

I WILL try to update reguraly

As we know almost everyone expects China and India to become the worlds two biggest economical powers in about 40-50 years this is arguably going to happen because of the human potential these two countries have but....

...will this seemingly limitless human "resource" make them the two biggest powers in football manager?? Let us find out :)

The point of this experiment is to see if the population of a country has anything to do with the number and quality of regens that are generated. For that i have made a few "little" database changes.

But first how will this work.

I'm going to holiday all the time and leave everything to the AI

I have chosen 6 playable countries:

India and China (for obvious reasons)

Iceland and Slovenia

Because they are the lowest in population playable countries. they will serve as a comparison

England

Because its the best league in the world and it will also serve as a comparison if the "football quality" of a nation has an affect on the number of regens, and because i want to see how england clubs are beeing flooded by chinese players :)

Poland

For various reasons, the least important beeing that i'm Polish (no seriously :p)

The playable leagues are set to lowest possible with the exception of england where the lowest league is BSP

Which are:

China First Division

India National Football League

Slovenia Second Division

Iceland First Division

Poland First Division

Okay now to the database changes (originally the 9.3 update)

ALL the clubs IN China, Iceland , Poland have been given a 20 youth facility + academies

ALL the clubs IN India, Slovenia have the youth facilties set to 1 and academies taken away (this is to see if facilities levels actually have anything to do with number and quality of regens)

The club facilities in England have not been altered at all

Also changed China and Iceland league reputation to 18/20

Now for fun i have randomly chosen five premiership managers and altered their nationalities to match the other five countries so:

Arsene Wenger is Slovenia/France nationality/other nationality

Guus Hiddink is Chinese/Holland

Rafa Benitez is Iceland/Spain

Steve Bruce is India/England

Tony Polis is Polish/Wales

And thats all i changed

I will make an update every season aftere the new regens appear

( number of players their PA/CA etc..)

I will make updates on international competitions

I will follow the carriers of every regen with a PA of 190+(or maybe lower depending on how many show up)

I don't know how long the updates are going to take me because my crapy computer can take ages to go through the whole season but for now lets say im going to try doing a season every 4-5 days'

I think that playing for 40-50 seasons will be enough to see if anything changes/everything stays the same

Okay i think that's all. Like i said this is my first experiment so i'm open to all suggestions

I hope you guys will find this interesting. I'm very interested in the outcome.

Obligatory spoiler warning. I've done the same experiment and I'm posting the results below. If you want to try it out for yourself, don't read this post, and let me know, I'll delete this post.

Well, I've tried something exceedingly similar, but it doesn't matter how large the country's population is, there's a hard coded limit on the quality of the regens produced.

i.e., if every club in the world has 20 for youth facilities and development, Brazil and Argentina will produce the best regens (they've been ranked, you cannot change this in the db nor is it dynamic) and India ranks somewhere really low. (I haven't tried China, but I suspect it's way below any of the European countries)

So, although you'll see a significant improvement in the quality of regens because you've improved the youth facilities, there will only be very few people who are 180+ from India and China (as opposed to none and very few right now).

Your experiment will be in more detail, and likely to have more detailed and expansive findings.

I predict population has no effect, though it should.

China and India would do a lot better if you raised their league's reputations up to 18/20 as clubs would attract and develop top players

I understand that they've set the population not to have a massive effect because it doesn't irl as India rarely (if not never) qualify for the WC, with China qualifying last in 2002. However I believe that Chinese football is on the rise irl, and by say, the 2014 World Cup they will be one of the best Asian sides

Your experiment will be in more detail, and likely to have more detailed and expansive findings.

I predict population has no effect, though it should.

China and India would do a lot better if you raised their league's reputations up to 18/20 as clubs would attract and develop top players

Good point. I'll set Indias & Slovenias facilities to 20 but the league reputation to something like 3/4 while the Chinese & Iceland league reputation to 18/20

True, you've got many more leagues loaded. I couldn't wait to get on with it :D

If you give them sufficient cash, a big stadium and reputation (managers, league rep and club rep), players will come. You will also get a few quality regens from all the countries if you do that. I just wanted to improve the facilities and go make India win the WC, which turned out to be very very hard because of the small number of 170+ players around :(

Archived