Big club release

Has any one else had a problem with players having big club release clauses in their contracts when you know that you toggled it off when you offered them their initial contract?

Earlier today i lost my goalkeeper and one of my best defenders through this, and although i got a hefty sum for them and found replacements with relative ease it was not something i wanted to happen.

I'm almost 100% certain that i turned off the big club release clause in all my players contracts, i am just wondering, has this happened to anyone else?

Has any one else had a problem with players having big club release clauses in their contracts when you know that you toggled it off when you offered them their initial contract?

Earlier today i lost my goalkeeper and one of my best defenders through this, and although i got a hefty sum for them and found replacements with relative ease it was not something i wanted to happen.

I'm almost 100% certain that i turned off the big club release clause in all my players contracts, i am just wondering, has this happened to anyone else?

I'm almost certain that i turned them off, but one thing that did just come to mind is that i went on holiday at the end of last season and i noticed the AI had renewed a few contracts. Maybe it renewed a few and put in the release clauses there, if that is the case perhaps there should be an option in the holiday menu to not allow AI to renew contracts while on holiday... especially since some of the contracts they renewed had 2-3 years to run on them still.

Archived