Any good tactics?

If you're a L1/L2/CON manager, try this:

4-3-3 formation.

Direct passing.

Strong centre-backs, complimented by more pacey, attacking wingers.

The middle CM must be tough-tackling and defensive, the other two should be more creative and attack minded.

The middle ST should be a strong target man who holds up play, supported by pacey strikers.

Got me promoted with Notts Co. icon_cool.gif

In my second season at Derby, i changed from a 4-4-2 to a 5-3-2 Attacking, and i got promoted and in Season 3 have just qualified for Europe. icon_cool.gif

I play it with attacking midfielders, and the tactics set to Emphasis: attacking;

Passing: direct;

Tackling: Normal;

Pressing: Yes;

Offside Trap: No;

Counter Attack: Yes;

Men Behind Ball: No

I use my FM tested patented 2-0 65 minute rule.

basically, if you go 2-0 up or are winning at 65 mins, turn the team setting to defensive. If you go 2-0 down or are losing at 65 mins, turn it to attacking. If you are drawing then leave it. Oh and I play a 442 diamond.

Ok guys if your interested i will post my tactic over the upcoming days.

It has brough me 2 league titles and 9 cup titles and 2500 manager points in two season i also remaine dunbeatne for two whole season and won the quad twice.

Althought now i have deicded to manage Hinckley after jumping ships.

Yes it was the same i tweaked it abit but the succes was varied so i kept it the same and my hinckley team have excelled.

There is one thing which will strike you all,one thing is i tweak this tactic ingame quite a bit.*cotinues his hitler essayicon_biggrin.gif*

Just had a OMFG moment..Playing as man utd in my first season 3rd in the prem with pretty average results board not too happy...next game - barcelona at home in the ECL quarter final and didnt have a clue how to approach it tactic wise...but ended up going.. 442 normal - attacking emphasis(*changed to normal h/t) - pressing yes(everything else no/normal) - my dl/dr/2mc hard tackling rest on team - my ml/mr/2fc team pressing rest no - all passing rlc - my ml/mr/2fc forward runs rest no and same for run with ball - my mr/fc (ronaldo/rooney)yes long shots - 1 mc(better passer) trough balls - my dl/dr/ml/mr cross ball - all def man marking, mid zonal, forwards none......... so i thought what the hell! And guess what happens next???.....

MAN UTD 6 BARCELONA 1

Van Nistlerooy - 5,19,30,88

Rooney 14,66

Ronaldinho 17

Stunning...i couldnt believe what i was seeing, i just ripped them apart! Definetly keeping this tactic saved!!

if anyone else tries it let keep us informed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig Taylor:

Just had a OMFG moment..Playing as man utd in my first season 3rd in the prem with pretty average results board not too happy...next game - barcelona at home in the ECL quarter final and didnt have a clue how to approach it tactic wise...but ended up going.. 442 normal - attacking emphasis(*changed to normal h/t) - pressing yes(everything else no/normal) - my dl/dr/2mc hard tackling rest on team - my ml/mr/2fc team pressing rest no - all passing rlc - my ml/mr/2fc forward runs rest no and same for run with ball - my mr/fc (ronaldo/rooney)yes long shots - 1 mc(better passer) trough balls - my dl/dr/ml/mr cross ball - all def man marking, mid zonal, forwards none......... so i thought what the hell! And guess what happens next???.....

MAN UTD 6 BARCELONA 1

Rooney 14,66

Ronaldinho 17

Stunning...i couldnt believe what i was seeing, i just ripped them apart! Definetly keeping this tactic saved!!

if anyone else tries it let keep us informed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

won 3-1 v ipswich at home with 10 men - ill keep u posted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig Taylor:

MAN UTD 6 BARCELONA 1

Rooney 14,66

Ronaldinho 17

won 3-1 v ipswich at home with 10 men - ill keep u posted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lost 1-0 to leeds away

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCFC:

MAN UTD 6 BARCELONA 1

Rooney 14,66

Ronaldinho 17

won 3-1 v ipswich at home with 10 men - ill keep u posted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lost 1-0 to leeds away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lost 2-1 to already champions palace at home - unlucky but this definately works best at home.

...next game home beat fulham 1-0 with 10 shots on goal..then away to portsmouth beat them 3-1.. i guess tactics are hit n mss in this version.. definetly working for me tho!

Archived