Getting new manager jobs

I've taken Millwall up to championship play off level for past 2 seasons, but don't get offered any other jobs , and when I apply for larger clubs at bottom of championship also get rejected.

After 3 failed applications to larger clubs at bottom of championship last season I was given board ultimatum so had to stop applying.

How do you get to move clubs? Is it to do with reputation? Mine is regional...

Happens all the time. I was manager of Ipswich for 6 years. Got promoted via Play-offs. then 2 years battling with relegation. Then signed players like Van Der Vaart. De Jong. Bentdner, Zaki. Came 7th, 6th, 5th. Got to the Uefa Cup semi final. Lost 3-2 to Inter Milan.

Started with Automatic rep. Was linked to jobs like Everton, Aston Villa and even Liverpool.

Was touted as Fav everytime but never go the job. Even jobs like Portsmouth who were in the bottom 5 wouldnt touch me.

Some reason no one wanted me considering what I done with Ipswich I was quite upset

It is probably because of the reputation you selected at the start of the game. This has got to be realistic for your first job otherwise doing well eith that club would still not get your atature high enough even for a club lower in the same league.

Thanks for the comments.

If you get promoted to the Prem or have a long cup run does the manager reputation go up to National? I'm guessing then I could get a bigger club in the division below?

You need to match League depth selection to your starting reputation, it takes quite a while to break past the lower rep levels as reputation gains are quite small whilst managing BSN/BSN teams. As you gain higher reputation levels the increases you recieve get larger so moving upwards does eventually become easier.

For England

Starting with Automatic or Sunday League Rep needs the BSN/S active, and it could take you 4+ seasons to break the rep-limit for the BSP

Semi Pro will usually allow you to apply succesfully @ BSP/L2 and sometimes weaker L1 sides.

I've never started with anything higher than semi-pro, but i imagine selecting International Rep at the start will allow you to apply for Premier/Championship teams straight away.

Archived