What is the benefit of tour ?

Yeah, agree with what has been said, for a club like Wimbledon down there, the best thing to do is get some home friendly matches to get a nice fee recieved. However, ensure they are not all home games, you need your team to play good away too.

I managed AFC Wimbledon a BSS team. Instead of arrange friendly with big club to gain revenue I go for tour match at 4 allowed country

Is it have any benefit ?

Unless you are touring your feeder club who you have merchandising rights with then there is no point in touring a country.

Unless you are touring your feeder club who you have merchandising rights with then there is no point in touring a country.
Could be good for merchandising in Asia and America - especially if you have a feeder team out there

Nope, doesn't have any effect whatsoever.

You won't see any benefits of touring a nation like the United States, Japan or China.

The Commercial Feeder clubs purpose is to act as a multiplier when you sign players. Your normal merchandise income would rise slightly if you had a Commercial Feeder club in place than if you didn't.

Always wondered the same.

Some say it has affect to enlarge fan-base, some say not. Not sure myself.

I've ran 2 long-term saves on Holiday over 3 seasons, 1 with a US Affiliate Club and a tour scheduled every summer (after stopping the game and scheduling one) and another save with no Affiliate clubs and no tours. There wasn't any difference between the 2 saves when Merchandise was analysed.

I honestly think that as FM gamers we're looking too much into the effects of Commercial Feeder Clubs and what effect Tours and signings US players have. I really don't think SI have coded any of these into the game yet and we're simply assuming they exist because it's not unreasonable to think they do exist.

If anyone thinks i'm wrong, then i'd be grateful if they could prove otherwise with some screenshots or some testing because it's an area of the game that sees so little attention, what with the Tactics and Training and Transfers :)

I've ran 2 long-term saves on Holiday over 3 seasons, 1 with a US Affiliate Club and a tour scheduled every summer (after stopping the game and scheduling one) and another save with no Affiliate clubs and no tours. There wasn't any difference between the 2 saves when Merchandise was analysed.

I honestly think that as FM gamers we're looking too much into the effects of Commercial Feeder Clubs and what effect Tours and signings US players have. I really don't think SI have coded any of these into the game yet and we're simply assuming they exist because it's not unreasonable to think they do exist.

If anyone thinks i'm wrong, then i'd be grateful if they could prove otherwise with some screenshots or some testing because it's an area of the game that sees so little attention, what with the Tactics and Training and Transfers :)

Thanks for the answer.

Yah you may be right. A lot of people 'talk' about these things but I've never seen an official word from SI or evidence that these 'tours' are good for fan-base growth or merchandise or anything like that. Which brings up the very valid question that, IS it useful for other commercial purposes at all, or not?

Thanks for the answer.

Yah you may be right. A lot of people 'talk' about these things but I've never seen an official word from SI or evidence that these 'tours' are good for fan-base growth or merchandise or anything like that. Which brings up the very valid question that, IS it useful for other commercial purposes at all, or not?

Touring doesn't seem to be of any use whatsoever to any club in any country touring any country.

Hopefully this area of the game is focused on in FM10 and they reflect the economics of real-life Football Clubs. I've gradually come to grasp CM/FM over the 10 years i've been playing and i've loved each new addition and constantly seek new additions to the game for me to discover and learn.

My only worry with doing this, is that it'll make FM even more detailed (realistic?) and in doing so, alienate a lot of new-comers or perhaps guys who just play FM for the tactics and winning and don't involve themselves too much with other detailed aspects.

I suppose SI have to find a balance between overloading the gamers with realism and making it too simple for the veterans.

• 2 weeks later...
So is the general consensus is that Tours don't provide any real benefits? What about with larger Champions League teams? Does it expand the fan-base for the club?

All i can say is, that as Barcelona, there wasn't any noticable increase in Merchandise income over the seasons. So i can only assume that it had limited or no effect. I think merchandise is probably a good indicator of 'fan-base' but it could stretch to Season Tickets and Attendance etc. But why a tour to the US would expand your Season Ticket sales i don't know :D

How about, when you organise a tour, you get a seperate 'Tour screen' detailing how well the games have gone, total travel fees/expenses, how much profit on merchandise you have made etc etc...

It's done to some degree with match confidence, and would certainly make pre-season tours a lot more interesting!

I never go on tour. I find during pre-season when players fitness levels are low as it is, that too much travelling can have an adverse effect on them.

I let the clubs come play me on my ground :)

Should SI improved tour function in FM 2010 ?

What do you think ?

Yes, in fact apart from the obilgatory ME and demystifying the tactics/formation settings, improving the financial side of the game is IMO a priority.

Its how clubs like Barca and Man U have become so dominant, by spreading their fanbase all across the world, through signing big name players, tours of Asia and the US, and feeder clubs in far flung corners of the world.

Currently if I wanted to turn a smaller club into a huge world class team, the only way of doing it is purely by winning games, where as in reality clever clubs can improve their income and exposure with pure business acumen.

It would also add another dimension to the game, you could still let you assman handle it all if you couldnt be bothered but some people would prefer that aspect than becoming a tactical genius.

Archived