Liverpool Takeover

Hi all, I have just stared a season with Liverpool on the 9.3 patch and there wasspeculation about a takeover. I then got my montly update and the owners asked me to be paitent during the takeover. Has anyone seen the takeover happen and when does it usally occur ? Also will I get more transfer money pumped into the club ?

Cheers, Pod

i am liverpool all the time, and have started a new game alot. and every new game it is always the same, liverpool always get a takeover, but it is different people all the time. it normally takes 1-2months and when it is successfull nothing happens.

if you are in the top 4 abit then you will get something like an extra 9 million. but the good thing is when you make it a season and about to start the second one. you will get something like 30 million unless you state you can win league you will get something like 40 million

I got told I was to be replaced by a Mexican manager by the new chairmen...fortunately my league position and cup progress was good enough. Didn't get any extra funds but they upgraded the youth & training facilities. I left the following season after winning consecutive epl and champions league titles, they hired ancelloti. Was satisfying destroying their 58 game unbeaten run (42 of which were mine!).

I noticed in one of my previous games that they got taken over by an Argentinian and in the next transfer window the purchased one Lionel Messi. And then subsequently spent another £100 million on players and continued to spend fortunes in each window.

• 1 month later...

I've just been taken over playing in my first season as Liverpool. Their thinking of sacking me for Frank Rijkard.

I'm in February, and i'm 4 points clear. In the Final of the League Cup, and just knocked Everton out of the FA Cup.

I'm not going to give 'um a chance to even think of sacking me!!

I'm Charlton and every bl00dy season I get told there's a takeover in the offing and a transfer embargo is imposed - naturally this happens in January and the deal collapses just as the transfer window closes.

This time I thought I'd get in early - as soon as the window opened I flogged off two prize players in order to recruit the ones I wanted - they were all lined up. Jan 5th - transfer blinkin' embargo, immediately after I'd sold the prize assets. I can guarantee come Feb 1st the deal will collapse again. Sheesh!

Liverpool always get taken over early on my saves too, generally nothing exciting. Although the last one, a Singaporean took over and gave them a cool £199 million to spend on transfers (1st window). If you ask me, its a bit tight, he could have gone to £200 million ;)

On a sidenote, on 9.3.0, does anybody know if Newcastle are candidates for a takeover early on?

I'm always Liverpool as well. My latest game, I'm in the year 2032 or something like that. I've been take over twice, the first time was after a couple of seasons. The new chairman basically threw money at the club, I had ridiculous amounts to spend, ended up with a team of Ronaldo, Rooney, Aguero, Kaka, Messi, Gerrard, Fabregas, Torres and some other superstars. Helped me create such a great squad, that I'm winning things left right and centre now without tinkering with my tactics at all.

Having said that, the money doesn't always help as now other clubs won't sell anyone to me for less the 20 million cause they know I've got the money. So I can buy players for 30 million up front then 40 million monthly payments. I've been docked points on at least two occasions for going into receivership. But the chairman bails us out and I keep spending. Cause we're winning (and I'm staying in my transfer budget) I've still got my job!

Couldn't see it happening in real life though

Hi all, I have just stared a season with Liverpool on the 9.3 patch and there wasspeculation about a takeover. I then got my montly update and the owners asked me to be paitent during the takeover. Has anyone seen the takeover happen and when does it usally occur ? Also will I get more transfer money pumped into the club ?

Cheers, Pod

Hi Pod,

As has been said already on this thread, Liverpool are always set to be taken over in 9.3 version of FM 2009. There are 3 basic types of takeover (most common first, least last).

Director takeover - no change finances, facilities. Loans still outstanding.

Consortium takeover - generous increase in finances to around 100 million mark or just below (but transfer budget won't be significantly increased until summer preseason for season 2, usually only a very modest increase for January). Loans paid off completely. Facilities upgraded (youth and training) but this can be retracted occasionally - see tycoon below.

Tycoon takeover - very generous increase in finances from between 150 million to 200 million usually and transfer budget usually at least 90 million which is set in November approx of season you are taken over in (assuming takeover completed without failing). Loans paid off completely. Facilities upgraded (youth and training) although sometimes after saying they will upgrade these this is then retracted a month or two later).

Hope this helps

take care

I was playing as Liverpool and in my first season in August '08 i had an embargo put on and a takeoever (consortium) happening and this lasted until July '09 so i had nothing to spend in January because of the embargo. Then finally we got took over got new training and youth facilities, £94m in the bank and they said they were thinking of replacing me. After 2 weeks of limbo they told me i could stay but only gave me £7m to spend in the transfer market, so i got a bit annoyed and demanded more transfer money and they came back and said i could have it straight away. Looked at my finances and they gave me £57m to spend. I've never had that transfer request more money button work before but get in!!! Anyway finished 5th that season and they sacked me anyway!!!

I was playing as Liverpool and in my first season in August '08 i had an embargo put on and a takeoever (consortium) happening and this lasted until July '09 so i had nothing to spend in January because of the embargo. Then finally we got took over got new training and youth facilities, £94m in the bank and they said they were thinking of replacing me. After 2 weeks of limbo they told me i could stay but only gave me £7m to spend in the transfer market, so i got a bit annoyed and demanded more transfer money and they came back and said i could have it straight away. Looked at my finances and they gave me £57m to spend. I've never had that transfer request more money button work before but get in!!! Anyway finished 5th that season and they sacked me anyway!!!

That's a point about the consortium takeover that I forgot to mention - they always seem to have their "own" man in mind for the manager's position but as long as you are doing reasonably well compared to initial expectations at the start of the season you are in then usually the consortium will give you a chance. This doesn't seem to happen with the director or tycoon takeover.

That's a point about the consortium takeover that I forgot to mention - they always seem to have their "own" man in mind for the manager's position but as long as you are doing reasonably well compared to initial expectations at the start of the season you are in then usually the consortium will give you a chance. This doesn't seem to happen with the director or tycoon takeover.

True, ive never really noticed that. Maybe because ive never been fortunate enough to have a tycoon takeover :(

I'm not sure about it being the same or better. I got taken over once by someone who cleared the debt and inject 120 something into the club.

2nd save I got taken over by someone who actually increased the debt and subsequently interest payments significantly.

Usually they don't sack you, it is just them saying it, but usually they are happy with you and keep you there.

I think you've probably just been lucky.I have been manager of other clubs and quite a lot of the time I get sacked even if my league position and finances are good which seems a bit harsh I think.

I'm Charlton and every bl00dy season I get told there's a takeover in the offing and a transfer embargo is imposed - naturally this happens in January and the deal collapses just as the transfer window closes.

This time I thought I'd get in early - as soon as the window opened I flogged off two prize players in order to recruit the ones I wanted - they were all lined up. Jan 5th - transfer blinkin' embargo, immediately after I'd sold the prize assets. I can guarantee come Feb 1st the deal will collapse again. Sheesh!

Call me Nostradamus. Jan31 news - deal has collapsed. Expect the embargo to be lifted - immediately AFTER the window slams shut :rolleyes:

Archived