Expanding Stadium

I don't kow if there is a similar forum somewhere else but is there anything you can do if your board say that they cannot expand the stadium as the council will not allow planning permission?

Are you stuck with the current stadium forever or can you build a new one?

Never had it happen to me yet but if your stadium can't be expanded further then your board might build you a new one assuming you have plenty of money to pay for it obviously.

All you can do is continually pester them. It generally means that the stadium cant be expanded anymore and you will have to wait till you have the money to build a new one then they will accept. At least, thats how it has been for me.

Does anyone know how much money is roughly needed to build a new stadium?

It really depends on how big the capacity will be!

I've seen 10,000 capacity stadiums need around £4-5million, either taken from the clubs Bank Balance or taken out by a Loan. I've also seen 20,000 seater stadiums been built for around £18million and a 17,000 being built with a £25million loan.

It's an erratic process though, i've seen stories of people with Bank Balances of hundreds of millions and being turned down when asking for a Stadium Expansion despite filling their attendance every week.

All in all it's not a guarenteed process, but generally your attendances need to be maxed out at your current ground and you need to be financially sound before being granted a new Stadium build!

Having had an upgrade to 40000 which was filled up pretty much from when it was completed, and further upgrades impossible, after 10 years I have a new stadium of 60000 being built. However it was something like 230M, most of my balance, and it was announced just after the end of the season which meant the summer break would eat away at the 30M or so left, as would most of the season before prize money. It'll take an entire season to build. Which actually is very good. So thats what you can expect to get big ones.

Archived