When do you sign them?

I'm just wondering on this....

When you have a bid accepted by a club and get to offer a contract your ass man will always give you his feedback like "thinks player x would be a decent signing" now what i would like to know is at which recommmendation do you sign them when he says "decent" or do you only sign them if he says quality,at any cost or definate purchase?

thanks for looking and feedback appriciated

Well, it depends on many factors really. If your ass man has very good stats on judging ability and potential etc, then his advice would be good, however if he doesnt have good stats, then his advice may well be completely useless, and a player he's claimed would be a good signing turns out to be titus bramble.

Its all up to you really, i think its just there to help you out and get a basic view of how good someone is.

my opinion is sign those players which are good and above, your ass men will recommend them compared to your reputation and compared to your best player in the team

and of course i've seen players with magnificent stats under perform and players with low stats playing fairly well

(Ex. my 17 year old striker who has got only one star at the coach report and constantly my ass men wants him out of the club finished second in my team with 11 goals in BSS league)

so sign the good and play them in friendly and you will see after a half season or a full one which ones to keep (give them a one year contract if your unsure )

I select players to my shortlist according to my scouts recommendation and further selection is according to my own criterias (e.g. determination has to be over 10, preferrably over 15).

Then, if scouts recommend him and I approve the player myself, my assmans opinion doesn't really matter.

Well, it depends on many factors really. If your ass man has very good stats on judging ability and potential etc, then his advice would be good, however if he doesnt have good stats, then his advice may well be completely useless, and a player he's claimed would be a good signing turns out to be titus bramble.

Its all up to you really, i think its just there to help you out and get a basic view of how good someone is.

I have you know Matt, Titus Bramble has picked up 4 awards for Wigan this year haha.

And to respond to the original, I only sign from good to definite purchase with a good ass man :thup:

Only time I listen to my Assistant Manager about signings is if he's got a very high Judging Potential/Current Ability and he tells me to avoid signing someone. Can't remember the exact wording, but it's the one where he has zero confidence in the player. If he says anything else, I'll trust my own judgement

Archived