Moving A Save From PC To Mac

Hi Guys.

I have put my save game onto a memory stick, in order to move it across. My original game was on a XP based PC, and having just bought a new Macbook I want to now play the game (as this system is far better!) on there.

Is it possible to move it to the MAC, without any problems? And where should I place the save if so?

Thanks

Hi Guys.

I have put my save game onto a memory stick, in order to move it across. My original game was on a XP based PC, and having just bought a new Macbook I want to now play the game (as this system is far better!) on there.

Is it possible to move it to the MAC, without any problems? And where should I place the save if so?

Thanks

Hiya,

I have never tried a move like this but the save games should be compatible...

You need to install the game, then in your users folder just follow documents> Sports Interactive> Football Manager 2009> games and pop the file in there. Then start up the game and see if you can load it! Make sure you are patched up and using the same database you were using on the pc

Best o luck!

just yesterday i tried to do the reverse of this

and my game wouldnt load as it could not find the database the game save was using

im still waiting to find out if theres a way of making it work

good luck with your game

just yesterday i tried to do the reverse of this

and my game wouldnt load as it could not find the database the game save was using

If your using an edited database then you have to move this across as well.

You have to transfer the database as well if you're using a modified database, but I'm happily playing my old PC-based saved games on my Mac now, and vice-versa for those painly moments on the PC. Just stick the files in the corresponding folders on your mac.

• 1 month later...

Before I formatted the PC (as I ave a 10 Gb Memory Stick) i took the whole Fm folder off the C: drive, and also the folder (including the Save Games and DBs) from My Documents and Settings. Sounds like I shouldnt have too much trouble here, but will be back if I do!

Archived