will playing too many games affect a young player's attritube?

hi, just wondering is young players' attritubes dropped in the middle of season has anything to do with them playing too many games?

i noticed some of my youth team players' attritubes did improve, but that's only when i rarely play them in the first team. but those 16, 17 years old i play them reguarly in the first team, their attritubes just keep on dropping.

Are these ones you've created/modified in an editor, like in your other post? That would play havoc with their development.

Otherwise, training changes do fluctuate a lot over a season - don't pay too much attention to rises and falls over a few weeks. It's especially erratic with 16/17 yr olds - their attributes can start to increase dramatically at 18 if everything is okay.

Do those young players say they are jaded, or unhappy with their training schedules? There could be clues within the game as to why they are struggling.

yup, the player said he's unhappy with the "level" of his training schedule. perhaps i set the overall schedule with a "light" workload at the start of the season as i wanted to reserve his energy to play more matches. maybe i should have set it to "medium".

It is also the case that too many matches at too high a standard of play will cause a young player to begin "Feeling the Pressure of Public Expectations" - see his Personal screen.

I've found that a promising youngster's first EPL season ought to consist of about 40% of the starts.

Plenty of other factors go into it, I'm sure.

Archived