Can any mac user help me?

OK, I've recently got a macbook and I've just started playing FM on it. So I download it, transfer all my files over, get the patch etc... All that goes fine, swimmingly in fact. Now on Windows, I could play full screen while having other windows open in the background as I could just press the windows key was, to return to the normal screens. Anyway, I played windowed mode anyway. But if on the Mac I want to do other stuff in the background of FM, as there is no "windows" or even "mac" key for me to exit full screen, I must play windowed. Fair enough. This is how it came out when I put it into windowed:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5121/picture2aiu.png

As you can see the dock is blocking the bottom of the screen.

Now in the next few screenshots, I have moved the dock to the left hand side. Why, you ask, don't I just always put it there when playing FM? I personally prefer it on the bottom, and it would be a pain to move every time I wanted to play FM.

Anyway, moving on, I move the dock to try and resize it so that I can play it with the dock on the bottom. It now looks like this:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9917/picture3qdg.png

But when I try to resize it, I can only resize it horizontally, and obviously I want to move the bottom up, above the dock, so that I can play it:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4005/picture5olz.png

If you look closely on the above picture, you will see that there is a square at the bottom of that faint line, next to my icons, which is my resize line, and I cannot raise this line any higher.

Has anyone had anything like this, and if so, how do you fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated. :thup:

If I click the little box for resizing, the one bottom right corner, it let's me make it wider or narrower, but not longer or shorter.

This is my problem

13" is the issue. You just have to live with it. Hid the dock and miss the bottom bar out.

Looks like I'll have to do that :(

thanks anyway :thup:

well yeah that as well, but it would be nice to get the actual window above the dock, which doesn't seem to be possible.

I'll have a look at that expose thing you suggested later, got a bit of revision to do atm.

As far as I know, you'll always have the bottom half centimetre missing if playing windowed on a mac. what I do is have the game running at full screen for when I want to play, then just press cmd + tab to switch to windowed, so I can switch to other windows, then back to full screen FM when I want to resume playing. Cos lets be honest, you can't really do two things at once anyhow, or if you can, let me know how!

I just find it a minor inconvenience to be honest, compared to the general mass inconvenience of using a Windows PC!

As far as I know, you'll always have the bottom half centimetre missing if playing windowed on a mac. what I do is have the game running at full screen for when I want to play, then just press cmd + tab to switch to windowed, so I can switch to other windows, then back to full screen FM when I want to resume playing. Cos lets be honest, you can't really do two things at once anyhow, or if you can, let me know how!

I just find it a minor inconvenience to be honest, compared to the general mass inconvenience of using a Windows PC!

Why would you not use Spaces (Multiple Desktops) to have your other programs running and then you can use the Cmd + Arrow Keys to switch between the different desktops. I currently have 6 desktops running, 1 with Mail, 1 with Safari, 1 with FM, 1 with Parallels (so I can have Windows XP running), 1 with iTunes and 1 free. As for having the bottom section of the FM window missing, I never use it any way as I use the Spacebar to continue.

Why would you not use Spaces (Multiple Desktops) to have your other programs running and then you can use the Cmd + Arrow Keys to switch between the different desktops. I currently have 6 desktops running, 1 with Mail, 1 with Safari, 1 with FM, 1 with Parallels (so I can have Windows XP running), 1 with iTunes and 1 free. As for having the bottom section of the FM window missing, I never use it any way as I use the Spacebar to continue.

You can when you use Windowed mode, but in Full screen mode, you can't

And to J.Price, yeah, it's just a minor thing really, but its a pain to have to hide/move the dock every time i wanna play FM

leave your dock where it is and play fm in full screen mode

when you want to do other stuff press apple+tab and select the finder, this will make the dock appear over fm and then you can do whatever you want, open new windows, run other apps etc

to return to fm just press apple+tab again and select fm

does this help?

Archived