"The kids" - A Manchester City project

Alan Hansen a famous TV pundit once said "you can win nothing with kids". So far no-one has proved him wrong. Arsenal have come close but have lacked defensive solidity to win the title with there youth. West Ham, Everton and Tottenham as well as many other clubs have started to play young players, but so far no team has been successful enough to win the title.

Can you change that?

What is it?

Basicially you start a normal game with Manchester City. You are only allowed to sign 19 year old and younger players. But you are allowed to keep the over aged players in the squad already. So the challenge is that you need to try and win the Premiership and turn your team into world beaters. This is not as easy as it seems. I'm sure many of you will be thinking "oh I'll just sign Asenjo, Zuclini, Sakho and Saivet and I'll easily complete the challenge. But the young players will take time to gell and in season 1 will these players be good enough to play against the likes of Drogba, Torres, Ferdinand and Fabregas?.

So what do you do?

Every season you will need to report back on signings, matches and end of season reports. You can do this quicker by using screenshots. If you don't know how to post screenshots this is how:

Find the page you want to take a screenshot of

Press print screen (prt sc)

Load a program like paint

Go onto the paint program and press ctrl+V

Save the image

Upload the image to a website such as photobucket

Tips?

I'd advise making individual training schedules for each player. This will help them improve more. Here is what to think about when making an indiviadual schedule:

When making an individual schedule you have to look at a few things. First what position does the player play. You don't want to have a striker doing intensive defending training so take this into mind. Next on coach reports what is the players personality. This will affect how hard he will train. Next look at the players attributes, look at the players natural fitness. This will tell you how intensive his training should be. And look at his work rate and determination, this tells you how hard and well he will train. Next go onto his training screen. In the bottom left corner there will be a box with a number of blue bars in it. This tells you how much the player can improve in a certain area of training. If the bar is right at the bottom it means the player cannot get worse. If the bar is at the top it means the player cannot get better. Using the information you get from this determines how hard you want to train a player in a certain place. There is no point in training the player intensely in set pieces if he cannot improve there. Now with all this information making schedules for each player will be very rewarding. It may be time consuming but in the end the results will be great.

If you are struggling finding good players check the GPTG forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=21

If your having trouble with tactics check the Tactics forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=18

Rules

1. You must load the English Premier League when you are choosing the leagues for your database. Any other leagues you want can be loaded.

2. Only players under 19 can be signed

3. Existing 20+ players DON'T have to be sold

4. There are no tutoring or downloading of other peoples tacicts rules.

5. When a player you've brought reaches the age of 22 he must be sold or released

Now good luck and enjoy the challenge :thup:

Important note

This challenge is m1234566778 idea so all credit must go to him not me.

Like I said it's M1234566778s idea. After a few seasons it may be easy but I think the whole point of the challenge is that you enjoy fullfilling the potential of the young players and dominating the world with a bunch of 18 year olds.

The challenge is to dominate the world with young players. Man Utd may have played home grown players but they weren't young :thup:

Yes, but you're not going trying to win the league with people under the age of 20. That's simply the age limit of the signings. If you were trying to win the league with just u20's that would be a different challenge.

Anyhow, will be interesting to see how things develop.

Yes, but you're not going trying to win the league with people under the age of 20. That's simply the age limit of the signings. If you were trying to win the league with just u20's that would be a different challenge.

Anyhow, will be interesting to see how things develop.

Would you like to give it a go?

Would be like to give it a go?

That doesn't make any sense, but I presume you meant for "would you like to give it a go?".

I would, but I don't have the time.

The idea this thread is working off is a good one, and I'm not slating it in the slightest. I was just saying there's a difference between winning something with kids, and winning something with people who you've developed from kids, that's all.

It's ok I respect what you've said. Some of the stuff I don't understand fully as this is m1234566778s idea which he has asked me to make a thread about here and given me a briefing. But hopefully he'll come and clear some of this stuff up :thup:

Next go onto his training screen. In the bottom left corner there will be a box with a number of blue bars in it. This tells you how much the player can improve in a certain area of training. If the bar is right at the bottom it means the player cannot get worse. If the bar is at the top it means the player cannot get better.

I'm personally not interested in this challenge because I've got too many things in my hand, but are you sure about the quoted part ? I always thought that the bar's height was directly proportional to how intense the player has trained in that category in the last month :confused:

I'd be happy if someone cleared this issue.

It's related to intensity of training iirc.

So m123467898754321 has come up with an idea, but is afraid that people will roll their eyes if he's the one who posts it?

He (mloadsofnumbers) posted it in the GPTG forum first, where a mod shut it and told him to post it here.

Did Man Utd play 16-19 year olds all through the season and win the title?

the original quote was "Alan Hansen a famous TV pundit once said "you can win nothing with kids". So far no-one has proved him wrong. Arsenal have come close but have lacked defensive solidity to win the title with there youth. West Ham, Everton and Tottenham as well as many other clubs have started to play young players, but so far no team has been successful enough to win the title." - do arsenal use 16-19s? do west ham? do everton? do spurs? do you see my point now? david beckham, paul scholes, the neville brothers etc were all 21 or under when hansen said that quote, by the way. giggs was still only 22.

the original quote was "Alan Hansen a famous TV pundit once said "you can win nothing with kids". So far no-one has proved him wrong. Arsenal have come close but have lacked defensive solidity to win the title with there youth. West Ham, Everton and Tottenham as well as many other clubs have started to play young players, but so far no team has been successful enough to win the title." - do arsenal use 16-19s? do west ham? do everton? do spurs? do you see my point now? david beckham, paul scholes, the neville brothers etc were all 21 or under when hansen said that quote, by the way. giggs was still only 22.

Someone agrees with me at last :)

No.

(101010)

Would you like me to edit anything out or put something else in the opener which I've not included?

Thing is, Hansen didn't mean a full team, he meant a large section of it (and a large section of that team were kids). But why is everybody getting caught up in the semantics of the quote? Discuss the challenge, sure, but why go into this much hassle about the poorly researched foundations of it?

The challenge is to only buy players under the age of 19 and you have to sell them at the age of 22 and you need to try and make your team world beaters :thup:. For any further information check the opener or ask m1234566778 because it's his idea and he knows/makes the rules.

Archived