definition of cheating

I was playing an Barcalona vs Arsenal champions league semi final second leg.

First leg was 1-1 at emirates Iniesta (13) Adebayor (40)

I scored with fabreags after 50 minutes of the second leg to lead 1-2 on aggregate. 10 minutes went by so decided to bring on a defensive sub (rodwell) and take of a striker (van persie) when after confirming the change on my tactics screen barca scored and i couldn't cancel it.

So now i had a player on for absolutly no reason and had taken off a striker.

Barca eventually won the game 2-1 with bogan scoring in last minute of injurt time.

I was so annoyed that i turned the game off thus counting the game void.

Now what i want to know is: Is this cheating. Had i been able to cancel the sub i may have won but lost because something beyond my control and the fact that the game doesn't (but should) have a cancel changes button?

So is this cheating?

In a word yes it is but it is your game and you should play it how you like it. I used be a prat for exiting the game without saving but I have stopped doing it now and have just learned to accept it. I think we should be able to cancel a change before it comes into affect. All I will say is you have a second chance make the most of it.

Bad management. Once the sub has been made, its too late :D

I personally think its unethical. Perhaps not cheating, though.

Yea, but as he said... The substition was confirmed before the goal and made after the goal. He should have the option to change the sub when something as important as a conceded goal happens, really.

IIRC, IRL, once you've submitted the sub to the 4th official, you can't change it. I could be wrong, though.

But are the subs submitted to the official in the same break of play as the substitution taking place?

Either way, we really could do with a 'cancel sub' feature to stop things like this happening.

I don't think I'm imagining this but sometimes when I click on the team name to go to the tactics screen in a match for a split second you see a few options at the top one with a button which has cancel on it. Anyone else noticed this?

I don't think I'm imagining this but sometimes when I click on the team name to go to the tactics screen in a match for a split second you see a few options at the top one with a button which has cancel on it. Anyone else noticed this?

I think that happens when you make tactical changes then return to the match without confirming the changes. I may be wrong though.

I scored with fabreags after 50 minutes of the second leg to lead 1-2 on aggregate. 10 minutes went by so decided to bring on a defensive sub (rodwell) and take of a striker (van persie) when after confirming the change on my tactics screen barca scored and i couldn't cancel it.

Barca eventually won the game 2-1 with bogan scoring in last minute of injurt time.

Now what i want to know is: Is this cheating. Had i been able to cancel the sub i may have won but lost because something beyond my control and the fact that the game doesn't (but should) have a cancel changes button?

So is this cheating?

It's your choice. You decide yourself. But if I did this I'd class it as cheating because I've stopped myself purposely from losing and I now know the formation and team the other club are going to play.

So is this cheating?

LOL yes I suppose it is though everyone should enjoy FM their own way and if that means restarting & not saving after a defeat then so beit if thats your thing, as long as anyone doing that didnt then come on here looking for bragging rights for being unbeaten!. Have never done it myself but here are my 2 kind of cheating moments (I was innocent in both cases).

1/ Premier Manager 2 - I was Leek Tn about to get promoted to the 4th division as was ("League 2" now). At the end of the season I had offers for other jobs including the chance to manage Blackpool a division higher (on that game you could not choose any club, only select a Conference team & work up from there). In my excitement I pressed the wrong button and found I had accepted the Bury job in the same division as Leek. I would have crashed it but it was a 2 player game so I had to suffer!

2/ I now save ater every match but one Saturday back in the CM0102 days I played a whole day (1/2 a season) only for a crash to hit me. All day Sunday I played the whole thing again and ended several points better off. That felt like cheating but what could I do?

InterWolf: Right, but IRL you don't submit your subs to the 4th official 5 minutes before youe get them on the pitch.

Kind of cheating, becuase you should really play the game as is - would you close the game if you felt the AI had been unfairly hampered? I think not.

Not a big deal though.

I used to do that a lot when results didn't go that way :o but I stopped doing it because I want to succeed on my own and not keep replaying a game in order to win :eek:

In Reality, teams can't replay a game if they lose so why should we...

No, but if you submit them and it's five mins before the ball goes out of play.

This is what I'm wondering, do you submit them once the ball has gone out of play, rather than while it is in play?

I'm sure I've seen players ready to come on, then the teams scores so the manager changes his mind about the substitution (was it Chelsea this season?).

That's my point. I agree with everyone that says cheating is wrong and spoils the game. I try to never cheat. But this is what i wanted to know. is something which happens in the game that is completly beyond my control still be viewed as cheating?

Ultimately its a game and if you are still able to enjoy the game after doing something like this then more power to you.

For instance i played a champions league game earlier in my season and in 1 game got my right winger (Srna) whos my captain injured for 2 months, my sub right winger then came on and got injured for 2 months, my right back got a red card and banned for 3 games and my fourth choice right winger got injured for 1 month. I didnt save the game and reloaded it.

This was basically cheating, but for me i felt it was totally unrealistic turn of events, I know that probably 90% of the people on these boards would disagree but it works for me.

Basically play the game how you like, just if you do things like this dont come on here boasting (not saying you did) about it, its no ones business but yours that way :)

Maybe cheating is the wrong word to use, as you ended up losing on penalties anyway. If you were a real 'cheat', you would have reloaded and reloaded until you won. Personally I don't reload after a bad result (ok, I have done once, after i was 4-0 at HT at home, schoolboy error, I had a defender in goal lol), but it's your game to play however you like.

IIRC, IRL, once you've submitted the sub to the 4th official, you can't change it. I could be wrong, though.
Yes it is, because once a sub has been signed off on to the 4th official you can't change it.

You can change it, I've seen many a time when a player's about to come on, only for the manager to tell him to get his tracksuit back on, because something's happened [goal, red card etc].

Not cheating IMO, tactical typo, not tactical mistake!

Archived