Steam down

I'm still having the same problem as Safe Hands - it briefly tries an update (0%) and then I get "Cannot contact the Steam network, please try later".

Please forgive my lack of computer knowledge, but how do you go about doing the proposed solution, i.e. go steam folder m find the clientregistry.blob file and delete it and now start steam - where can I get to 'Steam Folder m'? 'Clientregistry.blob' is the name of a file in that folder, and I should delete it?

Seems odd that the exact same thing is happening to at least two of us after months of problem-free usage of Steam. I take it from that, then, that this is a Steam issue rather than something amiss with our computers?

C:\program files\steam it should be here .

clientregistry.blob is the file were our info is stored ( account name , status of the games you have if their updated or not , if steam is updated etc) sometimes that file gets corrupted you just need to delete it and steam will update himself and restore a new file to replace the corrupted one :)

ah steam and clientregistry.blob. Still having problems with it after many many years. I remember having to do that when i was still playing counterstrike. I see they improved the user friendliness of steam by 0%.

Its annoying and is not exactly common knowledge that deleting one of the tens of thousands of files on the computer magically fixes a steam problem.

if you search the steam knowledge base its there along with a lot of usefull info

I uninstalled steam, was a waste of time to be honest.

how so?

has a gamer is useful for me because i can see where my friends are playing and i can join them if i want

but unfortunately most users of this forum have retrograded minds and don't like new stuff and only see FM has a game , the fact is that there a lot of games out there and a program like this is useful i can manage my 90 registered games on steam easily and don't need to insert any type of cd to play them , and i don't have too look for patches to them , as a developer is also useful because you can sell your game to anywhere in the globe there near 15 million steam accounts

and those 15 million find the program useful but i guess their all wrong right :rolleyes:

here is my profile

https://steamcommunity.com/id/scorpio

Archived