Why don't the sliders make a difference?

I'm 2-0 up against Chelsea with my Conference South team with 14 minutes left, i tell them to go ultra-defensive after they pull 1 back but i still have 7 players in their half when they get the equaliser. Why didn't they just stay back like i told them to?

stupidd.jpg

by going ultra defensive you allowed them to attack and thus conceded. it would have been better to go a bit more attacking. you just sat back and allowed them to attack wave after wave. onyl use defensive with a few minutes left. next time just move the slider a little bit more defensive

by going ultra defensive you allowed them to attack and thus conceded. it would have been better to go a bit more attacking. you just sat back and allowed them to attack wave after wave. onyl use defensive with a few minutes left. next time just move the slider a little bit more defensive

No, i meant why were there 7 of my players attacking when i told them to absorb the pressure.

Luckily i won the rematch 5-0. Thanks for the advice though.

so you used the editor?

Yes, it's his choice how he plays the game. You don't need to critisise him for editing.

Anyway if your closing down was to high then lots of your players would be in the other teams half so check that :thup:

By going Ultra-Defensive, you're basically inviting them to have shots, and play in your half, but saying your defense is better than their attack. Clearly this wasn't the case. Chelsea's attack was far superior, so even though there was only 12 minutes left, they had 12 minutes of 100% pressure, from which they scored 2 goals. I never use Ultra defensive because of this reason, and prefer to play a more balanced game, slow, short passing with time wasting high. Burns up the minutes,

maybe player instructions contradicted global instructions. Maybe you gave players too much freedom. Maybe you had counter attacking on. Can't help you unless we see all the tactics/player screens.

edit:Not that you need help if you are beating Chelsea with your (edited) BSS (blue square south) team.

Thanks to the people with proper advice and to those who are moaning that i used the Editor well done, why would they put it in the game if it wasn't allowed to be used. It's not like i have the greatest squad in the world. If i posted my team list i doubt you would have heard of most of them. I told you it's an experiment to see whether the players will want to leave a club with a high rep for another high rep club.

Some players are indeed leaving but most are staying for the time being.

You only edited the reputation or the players and money too?

Reputation and Chairman

These are the players i brought in last year

transfers.jpg

To be honest these are hardly going to set the world alive. Beckham is old but Boyd is a great signing.

Archived