skin colour of players!!!

how can you change the colour of skin of players in football manager 2009 because ive just created a team with all of my friends and some of them have come out the colour black when their white, can i change this??

please reply with a good answer,

cheers

No. Player appearance remains uneditable, even by any available 3rd party editors. Why SI didn't include player appearance in the supplied editor has been, and remains, beyond me. That it was not included in the initial release was unbelieveable in and of itself, but that subsequent patches to the editor haven't included the option is, well, stunning.

In fairness, the fact that no third-party editor has come out with this ability indicates it may not be as easy as we bystanders would like to believe....

I don't know how bothered you and your friends are about nationality but assuming your english you are going to get a mix, however if you changed your nationality to an african country I would have thought it realistic to have a greater percentage of black players, probably all. In this case I'd recommend your team being Russian or a country from that part of the world. I have never tried this but it's what I think is logical and something FM probably considered when making the game.

It wouldn't be so jarring if every black guy in the games wasn't apparently an Ethiopian fresh off the tanning bed. I hate having a regen who just looks a little tanned on the profile facegen but look black as the night on the pitch,

The textures in the /gfx folder have 16 shades of skin colour, and 8 shades for the hair... so somewhere in each player's record must be a word that defines his appearance. C6 (or 6C) is one look, 81 (or 18) is another. That's why I'm perplexed that no 3rd-party editor has been able to decode this. Surely, they know what aspects of the record they don't have decoded. Find one of those words in which one of the half-words never exceeds 8, and viola.

Of course, the other 8 bits might not be wasted, but used for other things, thus making it not-so-easy, after all...

Archived