Free player database - strange results

Me and my mate decided to see what would happen if we took all the top league teams from Italy, Spain, Germany and France along with the top 2 leagues in England and put all of their reputations to 5000 along with all the league reps to 19. We then freed all the players and all the staff. We also put some of the other leagues to have 5 for reputation so that the players would sign for the leagues that we made active in the game.

So I holidayed until the end of the transfer window and found that alot of teams didnt even really sign anyone at all. Spurs signed Ian Walker and that was it no reserves at all so their team for the season will be Ian Walker in goal and a bunch of U-18 players. They hired Terry Venables as manager on 25th July so why did they sign any players? Were they beaten to all of their targets by other clubs? The teams that signed the most players still only signed 10 at the very most. I found this a bit weird. Has anyone else experimented with free player databases?

So if I holiday ahead to November 19th then there might be more players for the teams then. Its just strange as Fiorentina are easily the best team in the world now there squad is pretty damn good.

Archived