Key code problems

Firstly apoligies for starting yet another installation problems thread (I've read all I can find about identified probs).

My present problem is with the keycode - which FM 09 just isn't recognising. I've read all the correspondence about the dodgy printing of the code and tried the checker (http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/)

These solutions don't seem to apply to me as there are no O, 0, T, or 1's in my keycode to confuse me!

I'm also using only upper case for the letters so that isn't the problem.

I'm frankly very dissapointed that after four or five hours of attempting to install and play this game I don't feel even close to doing so.

Any help will be appreciated.

Yes, I've entered it into the key checker and it just says it's invalid. I was getting the "can't connect to the Internet" message. I read the FAQ's on the forum which gets you to install this program to diagnose the problem and it is saying the problem is the key code as well.

It's perplexing this is a copy bought in Game yesterday so it makes no sense that it dosen't work.

First, take a look in the Technical Issues forum - some of the stickies in there may help.

Otherwise, log on to the SEGA Help website using the same details you use to login here and submit a ticket. Hopefully they can help you more than I can :thup:

Thanks for responding at least. I thought i'd post the ticket i've submitted to Sega here in case anyone has any bright ideas in the meantime. I'm increasingly resigned to the fact this isn't going to happen for me - having seen all thats been written about the problems FM 2009 faces i'm surprised it hadn't been removed from sale.

"Hello,

The copy of FM 2009 I bought yesterday from the retailer Game will not authenticate and run on my PC.

I initially tried to install using Steam but having dowloaded Steam I was forced to abandon this attempt as I recieved an error message telling me Steam was not funtioning and to try later. Rather than do that I used the alternative method to download FM 2009 which seemed to work.

However when I got to the Softanchor page which wanted me to put in th keycode the problems started. I entered the keycode and was told it had failed because "it was unable to connect to the internet".

Clearly I am connected to the Internet (hence this post) so I went to the various SI fourms to work out what the problem was. I downloaded the activator fix which informed me the problem was a "invalid keycode".

Weird huh! I had read on the forums about printing problems but they don't seem to apply to me as none of the iffy characters (I,1,T,0,O) appear in the keycode. I have run my code through the http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ which also does not recognise it.

Please sort this out for me if you can needless to say i had looked forward to playing the game over the bank holiday weeked and not messing around trying to install it.

Philip"

To be fair there is no reason to "remove it from sale", it wasn't a problem with the game in the first place, but the authentication server, which lasted a day/day and a half at most.

Hopefully this will get sorted for you tho. :)

Archived