What important attributes that all player in any position must have ?

Pace & Acceleration (bar Keepers) is pretty essential imo. Always helps to have the ability to explode past your man and run away with the ball.

Strength is needed to be able to fight off other players I think. Always useful.

Natural Fitness because theres nothing worse than having a star striker out for 6 months constantly (believe me I know)

determination, decisions and team work. nothing else is essential. in fact even team work isn't essential if a player is heads and shoulders above the level he's playing at but i don't like to mould teams with players below 15 for team work. preferably 17. decisions is of course game intelligence something every player needs to play good football.

A player who is decision-disabled can not -as obvious- make the right decisions. Remember how many times you yell at the monitor saying "jesus, why are you dribbling rather than passing it to the centre back next to- OH DAMN! !%$&%" ?

The better decision is the better they will decide what to do. For me, a player with a DEcisions att. lower than 11 is a definite no (unless he's not young enough to apparently improve it).

Professionalism and ambition, i believe these are the attributes needed for a player to really improve and reach his potential. determination and teamwork are also needed as they help on match days

Essential for me:

Work Rate - his work ethic, how hard he covers the ground on the pitch

Team Work - does he help out the other players? does a winger track back and help his fullback?

Determination - how determined is he to acheive what you ask of him? does he fight back from 2 goals down or just give up?

Natural Fitness - how quickly he gets back to match fitness after a game, essential if you want a top player to play back to back games.

Desirable for me

Stamina - how long he can keep going for at top speed during a match.

Passing - everyone in the team has to make passes are some point, not just a winger or attacking midfielder, if a defender makes a bad pass to a midfielder, the opposition could break on the counter which has happened many times.

Strength - in central areas of the pitch it's pretty paramount. Last thing you want is a weakling going up against a battler in central-midfield and losing the ball there; worst place to lose a ball is central midfield.

Then theres any of Concentration, Decisions

Archived