Question Regarding Regens.

Hey guys, i'm still playing the 08 game and am in a multi season game at the moment. However i'm slightly disillusioned at the moment because of the lack of really good regens being generated. So my question therefore is:

If i went into the editor and started to create players with date of births ranging from 1992 to 2010 for example, would the game introduce these players as they came to age (15/16)? eg. If i created a player, Joe Bloggs, DOB 2/2/2010, Born in London, Team Tottenham.... Would the game introduce this player into the tottenham youth team in 2025/2026?

Cheers for any replies.

Unforunately what you are suggesting is not possible, you can't create future regens with pre defined attributes and abilities to be introduced at a later date. You can make players appear as regens at a random future date by using a certain file, but their abilities are completely random and so will not help your cause.

I did this when i had to start again recently on FM09 but I set the D.O.B year to 1988, and I think as this would make the player 18/19 ingame I dont think it will create my future regen. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

It was like all footballers had become vegans.

Quality comparison.

On topic though, could you just make a few 18 year olds with pre determined stats. I know its stupid, but if you put time behind it you could set them all to different teams or just make a super mutant team.

Well thats what i'm attempting but 10 to 15 years into the game these players will be becoming veterans and i will be in the situation i'm trying to avoid with no good regens coming through the ranks.

Archived