Player ineligible for Champions League although he is in my "Selected Squad". Why!?

The Facts:

Player has been with me for 5 years.

Qualified for Group Stages by winning the league.

He is in my squad of 24 players.

Yet he is ineligible for every groupo game.

Any ideas?

UPDATE

The January Transfer Window has now closed and I have been asked to register my players for the next stage.

When I check my squad, my striker is not listed as "IN".

Very strange situation. I definitely picked him in the first registration and having looked back at the news item detailing the selected players, he shows as one of them.

I will pick him again as I have space after selling two players. If he is not eligible for the the knockout games I'm going to be extremely cheesed off.

I don't know how to post a shot on this forum.

I can save an image to my documnets but don't know where to go fromt here,

In the "Preview" screen it shows the suspenions, injuries and this player is noted as ineligible but lookingback to the 25 man squad I registered he is in there.

I don't know how to post a shot on this forum.

I can save an image to my documnets but don't know where to go fromt here,

In the "Preview" screen it shows the suspenions, injuries and this player is noted as ineligible but lookingback to the 25 man squad I registered he is in there.

go to a site like www.tinypic.com where you can upload the picture, when it is uploaded, copy the web address for it and post that here

My guess would be that you did not register him for the Champions League. If you clicked 'autoselect' on the registration screen then he may not have been picked. During the registration process I always register them one by one to prevent the game registering the wrong players (i.e. youth players).

My guess would be that you did not register him for the Champions League. If you clicked 'autoselect' on the registration screen then he may not have been picked. During the registration process I always register them one by one to prevent the game registering the wrong players (i.e. youth players).

I can assure you he was registered and if I look back to 2nd September when the squad is registered he is noted as one of the 25 picks.

So he was and still is "picked" yet he is ineligible.

Myinitial thought was that he had played a reserve game but he hasn't played in one for over a year. Also, when I check my fixtures, he shows as ineligible for the rest of my group games.

As suggested, I hovered my cursor over the "INE".

It said, "Ineligible for next match. Player is currently tutoring a younger player".

Very strange.

Any another ideas?

I had a similar thing once, where a player who was on loan at another club for the prior season ended up playing a very early UEFA cup game for the current season at the very end of the prior season. If you see what I mean. All of which meant he was ineligible for the group stages of the Champions League, though I think he could be selected for the knockout rounds.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I've saved my game and loaded again to see oif it made any difference but he is still ineligible. I've again tried to check back on my news items but it only allows me to go back to a date after the squad selection but I can assure everyone that he was selected. I double and triple checked it. Also, I sort my squad by age and anyone under 22 on the 31st August doesn;t have to be included. Since my striker is 25 he would 100% be selected and there would be no chance I would miss him.

Could you have had a filter on when you selected the team? hiding injuries for example, so you didn't pick him?

In all honesty that was what I thought I had done. It seemed the only logical explanation. I often have the "unavailable" box ticked so at first I though I had made a big mistake. But looking bacvk at the 2nd September news item, after picking the 25 man squad, he is quite clearly listed as a pickd player. No other player in my squad has any problem and this this has never happened before.

I think I will. I only have a save game from after the first group game so that will have to do. Just so out fo the blue. If it was any other player I would have just swallowed it but he is my best player and it feels stupid not having him in my team for these games. Thank god I have a fairly easy group. It will be interesting to see what the situation when I can register replacements.

I've editing the first post to give an update of the situation.

The January Transfer Window has now closed and I have been asked to register my players for the next stage.

When I check my squad, my striker is not listed as "IN".

Very strange situation. I definitely picked him in the first registration and having looked back at the news item detailing the selected players, he shows as one of them.

I will pick him again as I have space after selling two players. If he is not eligible for the the knockout games I'm going to be extremely cheesed off.

Any other suggestionsas to what went wrong?

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with fiorentina in my 4th season in a 9.03 game. I certainly registered montolivo and mutu in september but they appeared ineligilble. I went back and checked the news item from september 1 and they were both in the list that the registered players were in. In the February registration window they appeared as if they were not registered in september. I did not loan out or sell and buy again any of the two.

I think that is a major bug

Archived