Goalkeepers and the Counter Attack

Do Goalkeepers understand the concept of the Counter Attack? lol... All too often my keeper, Akinfeev, will get the ball from a cross or a corner and my players will be in perfect position for a long ball for a counter attack, but he holds onto it and rolls it out to a defender.. Its the perfect chance to get another goal to kill the game, or perhaps pull a goal back but he does nothing! lol..

Yes I have Counter Attack ticked before you ask lol. I've tried with Long balls encouraged too but nadda.

I only ask because we always see keepers booting the ball down field for a counter attack, often pulling off with some good route 1 goals (Liverpool got several goals this way this season for example) Just a shame he's not doing it for me...

Do Goalkeepers understand the concept of the Counter Attack? lol... All too often my keeper, Akinfeev, will get the ball from a cross or a corner and my players will be in perfect position for a long ball for a counter attack, but he holds onto it and rolls it out to a defender.. Its the perfect chance to get another goal to kill the game, or perhaps pull a goal back but he does nothing! lol..

Yes I have Counter Attack ticked before you ask lol. I've tried with Long balls encouraged too but nadda.

I only ask because we always see keepers booting the ball down field for a counter attack, often pulling off with some good route 1 goals (Liverpool got several goals this way this season for example) Just a shame he's not doing it for me...

Change his passing to long and his distribution to long kick :thup:

Archived