Early Retirement??

Why are players in my game retiring at an early age?? Sometimes i see them retiring at 31-33 which i can understand but then i saw Christian Pander who is 28 retiring at the end of the season. Does it only happened in my game or does anyone else experiencing this??

The retirements I find baffling are the some of the released youngsters.

For example, as Welling United in the BSP in my second season. I scout most of the released Prem and championship players, most are good enough for League 2.

Trouble is no one wants to sign them and they won't accept offers for your club, surely they would rather stay in the game than just retire?

On FM08 I had Doudin and he got unsettled in the area and was missing training frequently. No one wanted to buy him or loan him so I had to release him. I got a message like 1 week later saying Doudin retired from the game at 21 :p

Is this a natural occurance as in it will happened no matter what happens or is it a bug?? I hate to see a 30-31 year old player who is on the transfer list and available for my club to acquire to retire at that stage because it is such a waste eg. Tim Borowski.

I imagine for the young players it would represent them feeling that they will not make it into professional football (or to the level of it they wanted) and them going into other careers/education etc.

Archived