Is selling players to Man City for inflated prices, cheating?

Forgive me if this isn't the right area for this thread.

I am playing as Stoke City, and I sold Liam Lawrence to Man City for £6 million (He's now rotting in their reserves). I'm now on the verge of selling Steve Simonsen (back up GK) to Man City for £2m.

I didn't actively pursue this, I just noted that Man City wanted the players so I offered them for high fees and they were accept.

Is this cheating?

I know it's unrealistic, and the money I've got in has allowed me to sign players like Davide Santon and John Fleck - making it a lot easier to try and stay up.

Thoughts please.

Man City do this because your players are probably playing well and at the time they can't attract the top-class players so they go for the in-form players, and pay the inflated fees because they have the money in abundance.

Not cheating in the slightest. You're looking for a deal that serves the best financial interests of your club. You're aware the bidding club has pots of money, you're asking for a higher fee, so totally reflective of what goes on in the real-world transfer market.

I think most people know already that you can have a player who's showing great potential or performing well for their club. As soon as one of the "big" clubs shows an interest, their price increases, simply because of that interest.

Aside from your example, surely in any transfer deal, the selling club will always want to get the best and highest deal right?

Out of interest have you patched the game?

Not the OP, but you mean the 9.3 patch?

Yep it happens, back in 9.2 Chelsea bought Michael Owen (not from me) for 28 million and Berbatov for 15 million (I was Manchester City and succeeded in a lowball offer of 6.5 million (because he was transfer listed) for him but I backed off)

Now 9.3 is so much worse but only for Manchester City, I mean I got a collective 74.25 million for 3 players I sold them: Anelka, Bosingwa and Malouda. Heck I experimented to see how far they would go, ironically Real Madrid bid 30 million that I asked for Bosingwa but he went to City.

p11ky.jpg

The second season they were more subdued but still spent 129 million on players, still stupid though they bought Ben Sahar for 10 million from me (I didn't experiment with this one) even though his potential is very low (think Championship)

That picture is every Football Manager user's dream...

To be honest, isn't it hard not to sell to Manchester City when their bids are automatically 50% higher than everyone else's?

To be City or having City to buy your rejects......

I'd honestly say being City with their infinite transfer pot, but it grows old with time because selling and buying players is two-thirds of the fun in FM (while watching your balance grow slowly IMO)

Noob21 - How'd you manage to shift Bosingwa first season?

He was actually pretty good, had 3 assists and 3 MOMs in 17 matches but since he's not a leading star material I thought I'd get somewhere like 22 million for him. I transfer-listed him, and the only ones who went for him were Madrid and City (both took the 30 million bait) and he went to City

Funny thing is, they switched him to a Rotation player days later (after Contracting him to a key-player spot)

This season he's a first-team player

Archived