Why does it take 6 months to unlearn a move.

I mean comon. If I tell you to stop running down the left flank and cut inside more, or for this game don't blast the ball, place it.

I would expect you to do that straight away. Not take 6 months for the information to reach your brain. I don't get it?

Wenger has spent the last two years trying to teach Adebayor not be offside the whole time, still not there.

I'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke, but Adebayor's game is focused around playing on the last defender. As this means he is high up the pitch he is always going to be caught offside, it comes with the job as some may say.

I'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke, but Adebayor's game is focused around playing on the last defender. As this means he is high up the pitch he is always going to be caught offside, it comes with the job as some may say.

I think it was said in jest, dude. :thup:

I mean comon. If I tell you to stop running down the left flank and cut inside more, or for this game don't blast the ball, place it.

I would expect you to do that straight away. Not take 6 months for the information to reach your brain. I don't get it?

Players aren't robots. It's been two years and Nani still tries tricks, tries to play his way out of trouble, and fails all the time. Ronaldo learnt quicker, but it still took quite some time

It was not a change in Ferguson's tactics that made Ronaldo suddenly a whole lot better, but a PPM change.

If you want players to cut in more, you play them on their weakside, you put crossing to "rarely," you can give them a free role etc.

There's lots you can do tactically.

But Gerrard would be the perfect example: he can supposedly play anywhere in midfield, but he always plays free-role CAM, regardless of his notional position. It's been a point of frustration for Houllier (who tried to play him RM) and for England managers. You can't put Gerrard as DM to Lampard's AM because he gets foward whenever possible and refuses to learn any different.

Bloody good player, but no positional discipline.

I guess you're going against your natural game.

Exactly.. if you have been playing football since you are about 5 years old, it's not that easy to suddenly change something which has become a natural instinct during that time.

Archived