Would this guy make a good coach?

I've just been greeted with the news that Steve Bould will retire as coach at the end of the season, so embarked on a mission to find a suitable replacement, and, well... just look

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3138/isthisajoke.jpg

isthisajoke.jpg

(I assume that that will automatically create a clickable link, apologies for the hassle if it doesn't)

Annoyingly, he will only work as a scout (the only job for which he is not suitable!), he asks for £450 a week, and won't coach for me £27,000 a week!

Yeah it's annoying when they are preset as another staff role and refuse to sign for you under any other role. That guy does look amazing though. Pity his scouting skills are terrible. He maybe needs to go see a career's advisor :p

He's unlikely to agree to a coaching role since it's not listed under his roles, theres little you can do. Ironically, he's a crap scout!

His Discipline is a bit too low for my liking since i generally go for a minimum of 14/14/14 for Determination/Discipline/Motivation which only a handful of Coaches worldwide seem to have!

There are a decent number of 14/14/14 coaches about - the difficulty lies in finding ones who have good coaching stats as well as mental ones.

Might as well ask here: does your coaches' determination/discipine/motivation affect the mental stats of your players? Is there a morale effect?

I know it's important because it factors into the 9.3 coaching formula, but I just don't know why.

There are a decent number of 14/14/14 coaches about - the difficulty lies in finding ones who have good coaching stats as well as mental ones.

Might as well ask here: does your coaches' determination/discipine/motivation affect the mental stats of your players? Is there a morale effect?

I know it's important because it factors into the 9.3 coaching formula, but I just don't know why.

I personally have never seen any proof or evidence that coaches with high det/mot/disc have a bigger influence on players training. There seems to be some uncertainty surrounding the coaches star-ratings and whether than corresponds to a players training ability which is quite dissappointing since it gets dragged up every time FM is released!

I might test it in my game; give 4/5 players all hidden mental stats of 10 at different clubs. Give 1 club superb coaches with 20/20/20 and give the other club poor coaches of 5/5/5 and see how each player develops after 2-3 seasons! Hardly concrete proof, but if all 5 players at the elite coaches club improve dramatically then you know you're onto something.

Archived