Best to use playmaker or target men or both?

The difference of the two are playmakers make things happen on the pitch ie a midfielder who puts in through ball, sets things up, makes things tick etc? Ie Gerrard?

A target man is someone who you put balls to in hope he will score? Ie a Peter Crouch?

Thats interesting, I actually use both targetman and playmaker.

But I brought a new forward (Fast striker) and I noticed he wasn't getting much shots on target so I set him to targetman and he started to score more goals and get involved more.

Is it better to st targetman as a forward or a fast striker?

I have it on mixed.

The interesting thing is my targetman was always the forward becuase I use him to play through ball to my striker. Both my forward and striker scored over 20 goals each.

Now I've had to change my two forwards. I have found that my striker doesn't get involved or score much goals. So I switched him to targetman, seems to work but now my forward doesn't score much. So bit of a pickle.

Whatever fits your bottle.

I've always found using a playmaker is akin to sticking a "kick me" sign on him (or, rather, "hard tackle him") which causes various problems for me - but I suppose that's just how I play.

Archived