interactions??

hi

what do you guys think about tinkering with the interactions a bit for fm2010...by this i mean -

1) with the board (maybe once a season you could approach them and say you REALLY need a player to improve your squad for a) b) and c) reasons and if they make the funds available to you to sign him then you will ... (followed by either win the league or challenge for europe etc - as just now there is no real interaction going on - the player asks board for money and they either say yes or no - no real interaction or haggling like managers IRL do. i.e. if you are liverpool and you are in the jan transfer window sitting 4th in the league you could say "i have pinpointed Diego from Werder Bremen" - he is the one i want and i will guarantee if we sign him we will win the league - him and Gerrard would be lethal in midfield. - sound ideal?

2) with your staff... you can ask them to give you a detailed report on how a player is performing on a certain skill - for instance again say you're liverpool, ask the coach to keep an eye on Kristian Nemeth's shooting in training and ask him to give a report back if more shooting training is needed and also if he thinks a PPM training would be advantageous given the attributes of the player.

3) with the fans ... you could ask them to be patient with your team as you are building up the team from scratch and not to view a 0-0 scoreline in a game you shouldve won easily as too bad a thing as your team is young and learning all the time. also fans in my game certainly don't take anything into consideration - i was liverpool, i had Gerrard Torres and Carragher out, along wth players i had signed Henry, Capoue and Breno, (half my first team) and they whinged that we didnt beat blackburn at home - i would like an option to be able to give reasons for the defeat - like lack of first team players or even an admit an error button where you hold your hands up and apologise to the fans for the performance and tell them the next game will be a marked improvement.

4) with the players... id like to be able to have more of a running dialogue with the players rather than just "can you learn this PPM" - "no i dont think this woudl benefit my game - im now going in the huff with you" - i would prefer it to be a case of - "look mate you have skill, trickery and pace, i think if we combine this with rounding the goalkeeper you could be a legend at this club and id guarantee you first team football if you were able to pull it off."

5) i think there should be more interaction from the press too - ie for controversial goals etc, for instance instead of us putting our heads on the block ready to get our bits chewed by the FA maybe the papers could make such a stink about Man Utds 99th minute winner when there should only be 3 mins of added time! like they do IRL and we could get asked to comment on the likes of that every time it happens?

6) i would also like to see like what happens IRL about press conferences when you sign players - if you were (keeping to the same example )liverpool, and you signed someone young for the future who wasnt going to feature in your plans for a while or who would be a bit part player for a while till he learns the skills then maybe it would only be an interview with the club's tv channel or website? giving an indepth look at who he is, why he was bought and what we can expect to see from him, however if it was a big signing - for instance someone who instantly commands a first team place, then there could be national and international press there - this happens IRL both points - even my own team Partick Thistle have indepth interviews with the players when they are signed - this would add so much to the game - they could also ask the player what he thinks of his current role, and his future at the club, where he thinks he could fit into the team etc.

so what do you all think then?

cheers

Iain

I like all these ideas and hopefully we will gradually see this sort of depth added but lets not kid ourselves - to program these kind of things is extremely challenging. Simulating believable behaviour in this way is one of the hardest things to do. The game is already moving in this direction with team talks, media stories, press conferences etc but it is still very primitive and comes in for much criticism. Hopefully we will see progression over the years in this area but lets not expect too much too soon.

lol yeah i know i know but even if they could make small steps in all these kind of directions every year it would be good - as im getting pig sick of shouting at my screen when the fans are saying they are disappointed and the board are saying my job is insecure!

Good ideas mate, I hope theres more of this. I also want to see more manager interaction with other managers in the same league and other leagues. Interaction with managers in the champs league is pathetic.

Archived