FM 09 on Windows 7

Hello all. Few days ago, i”ve instaled Windows 7 on my PC. From then, my FM doesn”t work anymore. I”ve instaled the game again from STEAM, and when I wanna launch the game... nothing happens. I tried also with Troubleshoot compatibility and when he asked me to start the game I receive a window:

http://www.fmro.ro/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-1094-1242997197.png

What should I do to play the game again?

dont install using steam. i i have windows 7 and i just installed using that uniloc thing and it works fine but for some reason i did not have to activate the game strange.

Not sure what the problem you're having is, I've intalled Windows 7 three times and FM installed fine on each install, 32bit and 64 bit. It's stable enough to work, maybe delete all the FM files from the steamapps folder and update your graphics drivers. Then try re-download.

It workes fine for me on win7 (x32.build.7100). In the past, when I had issues with games in w7 I was advised to do some among the following (they usually worked):

1. try running it with the UAC turned off.

2. manually add an exception for fm.exe in AV/Firewall/spyware/etc software you may have running.

3. add fm.exe to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) list.

4. check that various third parties (directX, Java, .NET, Visual Basic components) are up to date.

5. check that your video drivers didn't somehow become corrupted.

PS: nice to see a fellow fmro-er on the forums. :)

Archived