Too many injuries!!!!!!!!!!!

No. It's been happening ever since I installed 9.3.0. They ALWAYS happen in the first 10 minutes of EVERY match. "It was inflicted by X!" So then why in the hell wasn't X booked?! Why is a foul not called? God help me.

Since it is clearly not affecting everyone, why not stop and think what you could do to help the situation by looking at your tactics, player instructions, training schedules, traing intensity, quality of coaches and physios etc. Much more practical than shouting at SI

Yes I'm doing this on purpose. You got me there. Do you really think I'd be doing this on purpose?

Also - why is it that when the CPU gets an injury they NEVER get that silly green cross... but my players always do?

No. It's been happening ever since I installed 9.3.0. They ALWAYS happen in the first 10 minutes of EVERY match. "It was inflicted by X!" So then why in the hell wasn't X booked?! Why is a foul not called? God help me.

Since 9.3.0? I think you've been complaining longer than that...

On 17-12-2008 you posted this, which was just one of your seemingly endless rants. I haven't heard you say one thing positive about the game. Indeed, you've even posted once that you've "put the game on the shelf."

But, in short, I don't have any problems with injuries. I get them, sure. Here and there, and I've even suffered a crisis or two. But, on the whole, I almost never have more than three-to-five first-teamers injured at any given time.

Now, for the kicker. We (that's you, and me...) are playing the same game (i.e. FM 2009 v9.3.0). If I can get by with the least number of injuries for the season in the Prem, so can you. If you're not, then it's because either I'm doing something you're not, you're doing something I'm not, or (most likely) both. Whichever, it's not the game, it's you.

Although I disagree with the tone of this thread, I have to say in all honesty that I have noticed a small but noticable increase in the number of injuries after I upgraded to 9.3.

Mind you, after I turned the training intensity down a notch I've had no more problems.

From what I understand the amount of injuries are fairly accurate when compared to reality. 9.3 made changes to training which could account for your increased injuries but overall the injury situation seems to be fixed based on the dearth of threads complaining about it (other than this one)

But I haven't changed my training schudules. Has 9.3 changed training in such a way that it has a greater effect on the condition of the players?

No, but you said you were having injury problems before 9.3...remember? So, you were too intense then, and you're too intense now.

Maybe.

You could also be starting players whose fitness level is too low. You could have a squad full of injury-prone players. You and.or your opponents could be tackling hard on a regular basis, or you could have a lot or be facing a lot of "dirty" players.

I think 9.2 -> 9.3 you really have to knock training down a notch or two and it makes all the difference.

Basically, if you have anyone in your squad complaing about training too hard you can reduce it until they are all happy. They will still improve and your injuries will decrease.

I had more injuries in the previous patches to be honest. Most injuries I had was three in one match. Only one was serious, the others just knocks.

I get a more injuries at the very begining of the season and near the end....much like real life.

Oh really? I always get them halfway through, when the fixture list is most congestive.

And Kickballz, you might wanna be careful. You can also "undertrain" players. That can cause a lot of injuries as well. And remember that football players are a lazy bunch. They wont tell you if they're not training enough.

With general training, if you reduce it notch by notch until everyone is happy there is no chance of overtraining or undertraining. It is still in the high medium area so there should be no problem there.

Anyway, I use custom training to suit all my players. I have a special category for the lazy players and intensive training for high potentials who don't mind the hard work.

I've found that my average is three to five players out and I've had a run of six or seven games where at least one player has had to come off injured.

And according to my notes almost all of these have been caused by opposition tactics - I wonder if this is because at lower levels the AI is a bit more thuggish in it's approach.

Also I have found once I get to five out I then have a spell of one coming back and one getting injured.

I suffer virtually no injuries in training.

Sorry did it look like I was after a patch ? Did I say it was a bug ?

I was only stating what had happened to me.

I could also counter by pointing out that Fulham have a large chunk of players who have played in 90% or more of the league games they've played this season.

In fact 8 players have started 90% or more matches.

I've had seasons with no more than one or two medium term injuries and some where i have had 6 or 7 at one time. Certainly in line with real life and i enjoy the challenge of not letting injuries upset my results and giving other players a go.

I have so many injuries also. Currently I have 6 first teamers out injured. They always occur in matches rather than training and the fitness going into the match is always above 95%. I have tried to do lots of things like reducing intensity of training then completely overhauling my training routines though considering the injuries are in matches would seem odd if it was the training. No luck in making the changes though. :(

I would say the number of injuries has increased, but most of the injuries are small knocks, with players out for a week or two at most, which I think is fairly realistic. I would say there is slightly too many injuries occurring in matches though. Having to substitute 2-3 players regularly every game due to a green injury icon is a bit more than real life. I rarely get to use my substitutes for tactical reasons because of this.

I would say the number of injuries has increased, but most of the injuries are small knocks, with players out for a week or two at most, which I think is fairly realistic. I would say there is slightly too many injuries occurring in matches though. Having to substitute 2-3 players regularly every game due to a green injury icon is a bit more than real life. I rarely get to use my substitutes for tactical reasons because of this.

Spot On :thup:. Its exactly the same for me. All to often I seem to have to make 2 subs at half time cause of the injury. Then late in the match when players are worn out there isn't much you can do.

Just to summarise this and the million other threads on the subject:

The number of injuries is realistic compared to real life.

They DO get a bit clumped together, ie, five in one game instead of five over the course of a week.

Not everyone has this problem.

9.2.0 didn't have enough injuries.

If you are having constant problems, it's because of your training schedule.

Think I've covered the points that come up twice, maybe three times a week when someone doesn't do a search before complaining about injuries.

In addition:

Someone above gave Scunny as an example. In the Prem, at the start of the season, Newcastle had 7-9 players out, West Ham had 9-12 (sorry, these are from memory, don't have the exact figures). Today, Newcastle had three players returning from long-term injury (prob 75-85% in FM terms) plus had a couple more still out. If you are doing worse than these examples, then by all means post a game save to the FTP in the bugs forum stating exactly why you think there's a bug.

I think injuries are fine. What I'd really like to see are some of the smaller knocks and injuries to go unnoticed and not have an affect on the match, but show up post-match or next day. Most small knocks go unnoticed by players once they are warmed up and have adrenaline pumping. The commentator telling me that someone has picked up a knock and finding out he has a bruise or scrape is unrealistic IMO. No physio would spot any of these during the game, and the players rarely realize it until there body has a chance to cool down.

Basically I'm just tired of having to stop the game and checking for injuries for all injuries. I should have to for some, but many should go unnoticed during the match.

I think injuries are fine. What I'd really like to see are some of the smaller knocks and injuries to go unnoticed and not have an affect on the match, but show up post-match or next day. Most small knocks go unnoticed by players once they are warmed up and have adrenaline pumping. The commentator telling me that someone has picked up a knock and finding out he has a bruise or scrape is unrealistic IMO. No physio would spot any of these during the game, and the players rarely realize it until there body has a chance to cool down.

Basically I'm just tired of having to stop the game and checking for injuries for all injuries. I should have to for some, but many should go unnoticed during the match.

I've basically been saying the exact same thing for a long time, so you get my agreement there. :thup:

Maybe the Conditioning of the players was low due to intense training.

A way to combat this: Make the training workload Very Easy in the season, yeah you will get your few usual injuries but not a lot

Agree with the OP- the amount of "little" knocks that mean you HAVE to sub players, who are then out for weeks is annoying and a total joke.

Fine if you have a big squad, but for those who play career games its awful- and really if its connected to training then again what a joke.

Sort it out SI- its not acceptable to leave stuff in like this.

I just wish there werent so many SI apologists on these forums, or that FM wasnt a cash cow then SI might pull their fingers out and stop expecting it to be accepted that issues and bugs are patched in the next version.

I myself can even live with the amount of injuries, aldo i do think they are very

exaggerated. Specialy the ammount of injuries in the matches, i mean. How many

football matches you have to watch to see sub made becouse of the injuries?? 5? 10?

Not to mention 2 or even 3 subs becouse of the injuries, how often do you see this in real??

What is most anoying for me is, that these injuries look to be targeted at the same position or same area of team. I mean i have 23 equal players in my team and at least 2 for the same position and 1 or 2 aditional capable playing at that position. But the AI finds the way to upset this balance i could play normaly with 7-8 injuried players, but ai finds 3 or 4 which are playing the same position. And that is what bothers me most.

ITs fairly obvious there are too many green injuries in the last patch. However, i think this is more to do with how they're distributed. You can go half a season without getting a single green injury, and then suddenly, for the rest of the season, you end up with two or three nearly every game.

And I gotta love the its your tactics line again. Truly pathetic excuse.

Total rubbish Wakers.

Everton had at least two players carrying "green" injuries at the end of the game yesterday and neither were subbed by Moyes!

The real problem is FM players have had it too easy over the years and now feel like they only need 11 eleven players in a squad.

Archived