Vote for FM09 in the Radio 1 best game ever poll!

Radio 1 asked a panel of games experts to compile a list of 100 of the their favourite games for listeners to vote on and quite rightly, Football Manager 2009 is in the running.

To show your support get over to www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/biggamesweekend/vote and cast your vote in the 'Football Manager 2009' box. There is no registration required, just one simple click!

The voting closes at noon on Monday 25th May. Listen to MistaJam's show at 7pm on Monday evening on Radio 1 and 1Xtra to hear the results.

Oh, we can vote more than once! :eek:

Cue vote spamming. :D

5. You can only vote once. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify votes or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion. The maximum number of votes made from one IP address is 3.

I've voted, since you asked so nicely. It probably wasn't the best one there.

A list of best games ever simply should not have Wii sports on there, as well as quite a few others. I think I'll vote for Mario 64 because I love it so much. But still...ridiculously bad list.

There's many, many great games missing from that list and as others have said, the list itself is shoddy. For example, how could you have countless Mario games, but only have Fallout 3 and no mention of Fallout 1 & 2. There's a few token classics there, but not enough to make it a list I could ever take seriously.

I was particularly disappointed not to see any of the X-COM series mentioned. True greats that have been copied and replicated time and again.

Much better "Top 100's" can be found below and show that the Beeb didn't really bother to do much research and their "experts" aren't very, well, expert.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/specials/100games/1.html

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164289

http://top100.ign.com/2008/

(Incidentally I did vote for FM09 on the BBC site, as a reflection of the whole series)

worms directors cut is supposedly the best worms game but it was only released on the amiga 1200 which i have and its a great game i got a newer version of worms for my laptop and it just wasnt the same nowhere near as good as the amiga game i played it once and deleted the game off my laptop.

• SI Staff

Final chart, as voted for on Radio 1's website this weekend.

20 Grand Theft Auto Vice City

19 Sensible World of Soccer

18 Pokemon Red/Blue

17 Worms

16 Deus X

15 Fallout 3

14 Counter Strike

13 Mario Kart

12 Half Life

11 The Sims 2

10 Grand Theft Auto 4

9 Fifa 09

8 Halo 3

7 Metal Gear Solid

6 Goldeneye

5 Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time

4 World Of Warcraft

3 Final Fantasy XII

2 Football Manager 2009

1 Call of Duty 4

Thank you so much to everyone who voted!

I'm currently in a state of shock, and am about to break my current no drinking policy with a stiff vodka. Will type more when it's sunk in a bit.

Final chart, as voted for on Radio 1's website this weekend.

20 Grand Theft Auto Vice City

19 Sensible World of Soccer

18 Pokemon Red/Blue

17 Worms

16 Deus X

15 Fallout 3

14 Counter Strike

13 Mario Kart

12 Half Life

11 The Sims 2

10 Grand Theft Auto 4

9 Fifa 09

8 Halo 3

7 Metal Gear Solid

6 Goldeneye

5 Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time

4 World Of Warcraft

3 Final Fantasy XII

2 Football Manager 2009

1 Call of Duty 4

Thank you so much to everyone who voted!

I'm currently in a state of shock, and am about to break my current no drinking policy with a stiff vodka. Will type more when it's sunk in a bit.

Congratualations to everyone at SI, whilst I don't agree that FM09 is the best game ever I do think FM is the best series ever. FM08 easily beats it, loved that game.

You know whats best about that list though?

No Championship Manager :D

Oh, and Worms, Pokemon <3 - Although Pokemon Ruby was the best ;)

As much as i love FM

it could never beat FF7 (for me, i know it actually did in the results lol)

or worms :D

Still 2nd is pretty awesome for FM

For me, FF7 isn't even the best Final Fantasy. I know I'm in the minority on that though.

• SI Staff
You know whats best about that list though?

No Championship Manager :D

Oh, and Worms, Pokemon <3 - Although Pokemon Ruby was the best ;)

CM was 27. Don't know whether those votes were for our versions, or BGS's.

I'm still a bit shocked by all this, and very much humbled by all the votes the game got. Today, however, is just like any other day at SI, and we're hard at work at stuff for the future, to make sure our next game is better than our last.

CM was 27. Don't know whether those votes were for our versions, or BGS's.

I'm still a bit shocked by all this, and very much humbled by all the votes the game got. Today, however, is just like any other day at SI, and we're hard at work at stuff for the future, to make sure our next game is better than our last.

Evidently we kept our cocktail and high-class ladies party up here quiet enough not to arouse suspicion. Excellent! :thup:

Archived