A few facts...

a) it is nearly impossible to win an away match

b) throwins are only ever taken from certain positions

c) if it is a corner and there is a pause before it is taken you know there is going to be a goal

d) why does the opposition always have the possession in injury time and in most cases go on to score

e) why when you have someone on your shortlist does a message from their club come up saying that their manager is disappointed with their recent performance

f) why do blue square players mainly have 1 and 2 for strength and marking and positioning (especially wingers)

Please tell me what you think....

p.s. i like the game really :-)

a) Have a look in the tactics forum for some help with this.

b) I have'nt noticed this tbh

c) Also if you make a tactical change and the commentary says 'making tactical changes' before your change is made you know a goal is coming.

d) This is not the case and is another tactical issue

e) It doesn't happen to every player on your shortlist, if a player is playing poorly the AI managers criticise them, and because he's on your shortlist you get the news item.

f) I dont understand what you mean? Ah Blue Square as in the league! Because they are a poor standard?

a) Not true, you need to have the right tactical approach in order to win away

b) Not true in any sense

c) It is your computer, not a fault with the game

d) They are going All Out Attack

e) Because by having them on your shortlist, you get all news items about them sent to you

f) No idea, never seen this in my experience of the lower leagues :confused:

c) That's because the match is calculated (or recalculated if you make changes) in advance so no surprise there. The highlights show a certain amount of play before the goal goes in and if there is a pause before the corner because they take it slowly then obviously it will still count as the build up.

a) not true, infact i sometimes think its easier to win away

b) not true

c) not to my knowledge, might be coincidence

d) if your winning/drawing your opponents will naturally chase the game, most likely changing to a 4-2-4 tactic, if you dont want to concede late goals, adjust your tactics accordingly

e) You've stated an interest in that player, therefore you must be interested if their manager is publically slating

f) Their rubbish by anyones standards

There may be some annoying generalisations in the match engine making away game hard to win but it can be done. In real football, managers don't approach home and away games in the same way so why should you be able to do so in the game?

I use different tactics and players for home and away because it is the sensible thing to do.

There may be some annoying generalisations in the match engine making away game hard to win but it can be done. In real football, managers don't approach home and away games in the same way so why should you be able to do so in the game?

I use different tactics and players for home and away because it is the sensible thing to do.

Depends on my team and who the away team is. I usually START with the same tactics home and away, but tweak more often during away matches.

There's nothing wrong with that - in fact I used to do that all the time as well, but I'm currently managing a team who are relegation candidates so I already know I have to do something different away from home otherwise we get hammered.

A few facts...

a) it is nearly impossible to win an away match

b) throwins are only ever taken from certain positions

c) if it is a corner and there is a pause before it is taken you know there is going to be a goal

d) why does the opposition always have the possession in injury time and in most cases go on to score

e) why when you have someone on your shortlist does a message from their club come up saying that their manager is disappointed with their recent performance

f) why do blue square players mainly have 1 and 2 for strength and marking and positioning (especially wingers)

I've also noticed that when your viewing the game through 'commentary only' occasionally before a corner there is a pause between texts and there is always a goal. No big deal to be fair. If a goal is gonna come then its gonna come i dont really mind if there is a pause. But i understand what you mean

Archived