Can Injury affect a player?

Ive never seen a player having to retire due to injury in the game, but I have seen players stats drop after lengthy injuries. I tend to sell them on quickly, so never get to see if given time/training/games etc if their stats go back to normal,

My star central defender suffered a knee injury, out 8 months and lost 2 points of Pace and 1 point of Acceleration immediately, never regained them either. That was in FM'09, so, yeah.

I suspect it also changed his PA, though I don't use editors so I'm not certain, but all my coaches switched from rating him as a 6-star player to a 5-star player when he came back. That could possibly be from my club's reputation growing in the interim, though we hadn't achieved promotion or anything and I think other players stayed pretty much constant over the same window.

A serious injury can lower PA. The player will never reach the potential he had before that injury.

His injury proneness can also increase; in particular he can have a higher change of the same injury recurring. Does depend on the injury and the player, however.

A serious injury can lower PA. The player will never reach the potential he had before that injury.

His injury proneness can also increase; in particular he can have a higher change of the same injury recurring. Does depend on the injury and the player, however.

Will testify to this. Alvaro Negredo has suffered 4 torn Hamstrings in 2 seasons. Went from scoring 20 plus for 3 seasons (incl. one season at 32, winning the European Golden Boot) to below 5 in the next two. Has ruined him TBH

Archived