Just bought FM 2009

But i am unsure whether it'll work because i think i bought the Mac one, my first question is, are there separate discs or are does one disc work in both?

The case says Games for Windows followed by PC DVD at the top but then underneath it says Mac and then nothing else and also at the back it only has the specifications for Mac.

Is this the Mac version or is it fine to use in windows?

You wouldn't want a refund, just an exchange for the correct version, which im sure they would gladly do.

That said, ive just checked my case, and is something similar. Games for windows PC DVD across the top, also two boxes saying Mac Universal. Mine works fine on my PC. Hope that helps.

Its gonna start getting too technical for my advice in a bit, but if the game is installed, then it must be there somewhere, surely?, have a look in "my computer > program files > sports interactive. Send to desktop as short cut. Maybe, I know nothing??

Also, why go straight for the editor, your game I suppose, but at least give it a try first,

To Create Shortcut:

First of all close down Steam.

Go to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009

Inside this folder you will find the FM09.exe

Create a shortcut here, and drag it onto your desktop use this shortcut to start the game.

The game will now work without running steam - make sure Steam is NOT already running when you do this.

Edit: I don't think this is what you were looking for.

I thing the editor is in My Computer > Program Files > Sports Interactive.

Its gonna start getting too technical for my advice in a bit, but if the game is installed, then it must be there somewhere, surely?, have a look in "my computer > program files > sports interactive. Send to desktop as short cut. Maybe, I know nothing??

Also, why go straight for the editor, your game I suppose, but at least give it a try first,

I want to Create my own team from scratch with nothing but youth players :)

Archived