Pass Back's

Really!?

I see them all the time. Usually followed by some terrible screw kick by my goalkeeper to there midfield.

I think he maybe means pass backs that the goalkeeper has picked up and an indirect freekick is given :rolleyes:

If it did happen there would be hell to pay. The forums would be full of people claiming they hadn't instructed their keeper to pick up back passes or that it happened too often and it was a bug.

You don't instruct your players to make handballs either do you?

You don't instruct your players to get red cards either do you?

You don't instruct your players to cause penalties either do you?

You don't instruct your players to dive either do you?

Sorry for being anal, but you get my point. Players do things they're not instructed to do all the time. Would make perfect sense to me if it happened a few times a season, as it happens IRL too.

This is not a rant aimed at you jptykes. It's aimed at all those moaners that always come to this forum to complain about stuff happening to their team that happens IRL all the freaking time.

On-topic: I've never noticed it to be honest, and never realized I missed it until now.

On-topic: I've never noticed it to be honest, and never realized I missed it until now.

What you mean keepers picking up back passes? Look at his original post - he never said anything like that at all even though he's making out that he did. It's a complete waste of time.

What you mean keepers picking up back passes? Look at his original post - he never said anything like that at all even though he's making out that he did. It's a complete waste of time.

He maybe didn't spell it out for you but if you read in between the lines he was implying that it was keepers picking up pass backs. I highly doubt he was on about a player never passing the ball back to the goalkeeper :rolleyes:

Arsenal v/s Manchester United at the Emirates this season....Almunia decided to pick up Silvestre's back pass??.....no one remember??.....

Or League 1 Play-Off Semi-Final Second Leg between MK Dons and Scunthorpe when a pass back decision was wrongly given!

Your post makes less sense than the opening post.

He says "I know it doesn't happen a lot in football."

That's pretty much a hint for me that he meant GK's picking the ball up.

Your post makes less sense than the opening post.

He says "I know it doesn't happen a lot in football."

That's pretty much a hint for me that he meant GK's picking the ball up.

Read the post and tell me the part that said anything about keepers picking it up..go on..I'm waiting.

The fact that you need someone to spell out for you what he means says more about you then about the opening post. To me it was pretty clear. The fact that he indicated that "back passes" don't happen a lot in football tells me we're talking about a rarity, and a player just passing the ball back towards the GK isn't a rarity by any standard.

Lol!

No it's not the end of discussion because I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation. In my opinion you are looking very foolish indeed by defending the indefensible. You have yet to explain to me where he said anything in his OP about the keeper picking the ball up.

Nonsense - that's not what it means at all and you know it.

He clearly stated the term 'pass back' which is quite different to the back-pass rule. The context doesn't even match.

So why do people shout "pass back!" when a goalkeeper picks up a ball after it has hit a defender's foot?

Pass back/back pass are the same thing in this context imo.

Are you just frustrated because you're the only one that didn't get it or something?

Seems to me you just need a good sleep. It will all become clear to you tomorrow.

Anyhoe, as it's almost 1 AM here and my girl is getting restless, I'm off to bed ;)

Enjoy yourself and find somebody else to have a completely pointless discussion with. Good night.

Ok

Lets give the naysayers the benefit of the doubt. It is even reasonable to say 'why does the keeper not make a hash of it more often and pick up the ball outside the box?'

How often should this happen?

That is not a back pass though is it? A goalkeeper picking up the ball outside of his box is completely different to a player passing the ball back to a goalkeeper inside his box who then picks the ball up and concedes an indirect freekick. A goalkeeper picking the ball up outside the box would be deliberate handball and would in most cases be a red card.

Someone needs to learn the rules. :rolleyes:

That is not a back pass though is it? A goalkeeper picking up the ball outside of his box is completely different to a player passing the ball back to a goalkeeper inside his box who then picks the ball up and concedes an indirect freekick. A goalkeeper picking the ball up outside the box would be deliberate handball and would in most cases be a red card.

Someone needs to learn the rules. :rolleyes:

You just tell me how often that happens? so much that it is completely unrealistic in the game?

So what's the percentage of games/keepers sent of for picking the ball up ratio? hmm?

Is it such a big deal that the game should include it?

In the grande scheme of things that ratio would be impossible to calculate. You are being quite pedantic now.

The OP was referring to pass backs and although infrequent they do happen now and again. Maybe not as much to include it into the game but it's a nice idea for SI to contemplate for the future.

Oh here we go. Right, so it does happen! agreed! so therefore it should happen every game - lets have keepers picking the ball up every game. Hurray!

Thanks for your genius.

Oh my. You truly are a troubled individual.

Now YOU tell ME. Where did I ever say it should happen every game?

I'm waiting…

In the grande scheme of things that ratio would be impossible to calculate. You are being quite pedantic now.

The OP was referring to pass backs and although infrequent they do happen now and again. Maybe not as much to include it into the game but it's a nice idea for SI to contemplate for the future.

No need - they are already in the game as has now been established.

No need - they are already in the game as has now been established.

Yes, goalkeepers being sent off for deliberate handball outside the area is in the game but the OP was referring to back passes - somehow you have taken this thread off-topic :confused:

Archived